GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any knowledge of the Nolan helmet with the N-com setup? are they worth the money, comfort, ease of use?

or just better to purchase ED-Sets and just the Nolan 102 series?

Looking to purchase a couple helmets for me an my rider and want to have the communication that i currently have on the wing. it looks like the N-com does not even use the honda plugs.

thanks,
Kev

G

·
RealMcCoy wrote:
Anyone have any knowledge of the Nolan helmet with the N-com setup? are they worth the money, comfort, ease of use?
Hey Real if you find any place this side of the Atlantic that is selling them please post it here. By the way the N-com is not a wired unit and it does not use the Honda communications system.

Good Luck

PS: We have changed to Ed Sets and trying to make them fit satisfactorily in X-11 Shoei full face helmets. We are getting there but cannot use the standard speaker pouches as they are too thick to fit.

G

·
Perhaps I should let it pass, but I cannot. We have J&M Elite 584 set ups in our HJC AC-3 helmets. Perhaps what you reference is much better but! I really feel bad about knocking J&M, but I will not go back to J&M until they change their equipment and connections. J&M has no excuse as they have been in this game probably longer than anyone and they still insist on using a sorry lower cord connection, that comes loose and pins bend. I cannot ride for more than 10 minutes without worrying about the connection and I have tried most things reasonable to fix it, glue, tape, you name it. My hearing is not normal and perhaps some normal folks can make them work but when we changed to Ed Sets there is no comparision. We can not understand our riding buddie's transmissions with the J&M and they are crystal clear with the Ed Sets. With the J&M my connection is always coming loose and occasionally so does my SO's. The silly lower cords are horrible PERIOD! It's your money and J&M cost twice as much for less than half the performance, IM less than HO. If you must have the N-com units wait until the real ones are available and you can get bluetooth or wired units that just might have standard Honda connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts