GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have Nolan N102 helmets with N-Com. My N-Com shuts off when I remove my helmet but my wife's does not shut off. Should the N-Com shut off when the helmet is removed? If so, what do i need to do to find out why hers is not shutting off?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
No the N-Coms don't shut off when you take your helmet off. I'm guessing here, but I don't think your E-Box is seated correctly. Make sure it's secure. If the little rubber gizmo is seated then it's okay. Next check to make sure the part that snaps into the helmet that the e-box mates to is secure. Mine wan't and I was getting a lot of static from it not making good contact if it's looser than that you might be just making contact when it's on your head and when the pressure inside the helmet is relaxed it is loosing contact. If it's not that give Nolan a call at 1-800-243-5638. A real person will answer the phone just ask to speak to Joe. They have some great customer service in my book. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I like the fact that i don't have to hold the button in for 3 to 5 seconds every time I take the helmet off. When she forgets to turn hers off, it takes a toll on the battery. I may call the support number to get more info.
Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts