GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the experienced trailer pullers here, what do you think of the N-Line one wheel trailers? I like the idea of the one track idea and it looks roomier the the unigo, what are the pros and cons to those that do or have owned an N-Line trailer? Thanks for your input.

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like mine the only thing you need to do is unload it before removing it from the bike. Tracks great do not know it is behind you you will forget when passing cars. When you disconnect it from the bike need to have a good hold on it it is a little squirley when you first try to move it after you get it balanced it goes anywhere you push it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
We have two...really good product. Never have to worry about your trailer going over the line unless your bike does!

As Ace2002 stated - one needs to unload the trailer before detaching from the bike.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's Interesting (that you need to unload first). I mean it makes sense, but I'm wodering about the comparison to the Uni-Go in that respect. The Uni-go adds talk about un-hitching and pulling it into your hotel room.

So, it begs the question, does the Uni-Go flop around when loaded as well? is it difficult to manage by hand? Just a little or a lot? Etc.

Guess I highjacked the thread a bit, but I was considering one or the other myself, and would like to know, and thought it was still on-topic of the original post (for the most part).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Look at the capacity of the n-line is like having a full size trailer vs uni-go more like an extra saddle bag there is a lot of difference just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
That's Interesting (that you need to unload first). I mean it makes sense, but I'm wodering about the comparison to the Uni-Go in that respect. The Uni-go adds talk about un-hitching and pulling it into your hotel room.

So, it begs the question, does the Uni-Go flop around when loaded as well? is it difficult to manage by hand? Just a little or a lot? Etc.
The Uni-Go doubles the storages capacity of the Wing. The Uni-Go also has a handle on the front of the body so when you unhitch the trailer you have something to hold on too.....you grab the handle with one hand and the draw bar with the other and wheel the Uni-Go around sorta like a wheel barrel....very easy to move around a Uni-go loaded or unloaded.

·
Curious Member
877 Posts

Guess I highjacked the thread a bit, but I was considering one or the other myself, and would like to know, and thought it was still on-topic of the original post (for the most part).
My Uni-Go is never unloaded to move it when off the bike. It's packed or unpacked indoors. I use one hand on the drawbar and one on the installed handle. It's very easy to move.
I don't see any reason you couldn't do the same with an N-Line.

·
Registered
124 Posts
THANKS ROADIE.
THAT's what I was curious about.

I know that the N-line holds more, but it is SOooooo Ugly.

Thanks for answering my question.

·
Registered
204 Posts
To all the experienced trailer pullers here, what do you think of the N-Line one wheel trailers? I like the idea of the one track idea and it looks roomier the the unigo, what are the pros and cons to those that do or have owned an N-Line trailer? Thanks for your input.

Steve
I have a '98 N-line that I've owned for about 5 years (3rd owner). I pulled it with my Yamaha Venture and now with my GW trike. It may be ugly (to some), but it sure does accomodate the extras!

If you would like to see it, on July 15 I am pulling it across Minnesota on US 12--leaving Taylors Falls about 8 am and passing through St. cloud ~9:30 - 10:00.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ugly just begins to describe it!
The uni-go is smaller, but looks great.
Well, I'm a function over form kinda guy; and the price was right when I bought it. :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
The n-line inside capacity appears to be 2X that of the unigo, although the max cargo wt of the unigo is 10# more than the n-line. mickey46

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased the n-line a few years ago and have pulled approximately 40k miles, usually 2 up. It is lightweight, spacious and pulls like a dream. For my use, the Unigo just does not add enough space to justify the cost. The n-line works great for me on longer trips, 2 up. For trips that do not require much space, a pakit rack is easy and very economical.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts