GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this combo yet?

I saw the Nolan guys at Destination Daytona last weekend and they had two bluetooth helmets paired together. The salesman put one on, and I wore the other. I was surprised how far apart we could communicate! He walked probably about 100 feet and we still had a strong connection. For a bike with no intercom system, this could be a good (albeit not cheap) solution for rider/pass coms.

The salesman also let me pair my phone with the helmet. Again, no problems. I don't advocate cell use on a motorcycle, but, at least you could receive notification of a potentially important call.

The helmet supports the stereo bluetooth standard, so the mp3's on my phone sounded great.

The system will pair with two devices, so I guess my Christmas wish list will include the N103 with a bluetooth interface and a new Garmin Zumo 660 thrown in for good measure... :thumbup:

The system isn't perfect: you still need a cord to connect the helmet to the bike to hear the radio, or communicate on the CB. The cord, however, has no effect on the bluetooth functions.

I love life on the "Bleeding Edge"

Stay safe,

Lance

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I bought a new Nolan N103 helmet while at Bike Week last week. Bought it from the Helmet Shop in Daytona. Great folks to do business with!!! Had them install a standard headset, not the Bluetooth model. A buddy of mine like my helmet so much he went to them the next day and bought the exact same helmet but with the Nolan NCom Blue Tooth adapter. He drives a BMW and has no intercom system on the bike. His works great with his cell phone. Helmet was $300 plus another $300 for the NCom system and the Bluetooth adapter. Rather pricey. My headset only cost $80 and sounds great. Now I just need to figure out how to connect my Blackberry and IPod into the Goldwing intercom system without having to use Bluetooth.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

You can find cell phone interfaces here.
They make great stuff.

Lance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts