GL1800Riders Forums banner

NAGW is (seemingly) dead

3K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  OnaWingandaPrayer 
#1 · (Edited)
Posting about one forum on another may be taboo, but I'm looking for a little help. Please delete if this is discouraged.

I updated my email address on all five of the Goldwing forums I frequent. The NAGW site fell into a loop where it never sends the "confirmation email", and won't allow me to log in past the confirmation screen until I click the link in the confirmation email it never sends...

I've clicked "Resend the confirmation email" a number of times. I've checked every possible spam folder with three different email clients. I've tried different browsers on different computers. I've tried to contact the administrator(s) directly. I've employed the assistance of another member there to contact the administrators on my behalf. No go.

I don't post there much anyway, but this makes it look like the site is well and truly dead. Before I remove it from my rotation entirely I thought I'd ask if anyone else is having the same problem.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I can relate.
I have registered with theglforum. Can log on and it indicates I have done so. However I cannot post or reply.
Kwthrom - Ken helped as much as he could. But the lead moderator does not reply after I tried multiple attempts.
So, the heck with them:kiss:...….. I'll just stay here. We have more data shared here anyway!

Corventure Dave

#12 ·
I can relate.
I have registered with theglforum. Can log on and it indicates I have done so. However I cannot post or reply.
Kwthrom - Ken helped as much as he could. But the lead moderator does not reply after I tried multiple attempts.
So, the heck with them:kiss:...….. I'll just stay here. We have more data shared here anyway!

Corventure Dave

You have 5 responses on the glforum. You posted 23 hrs ago and the last was 5 mins ago.

Reactions: CAWing78
#4 · (Edited)
There was an issue with the main owner, the co-owner, the treasurer, and several members that began to spiral out of control last year and ended up with a huge blow up at a forum sponsored event in July of last year. Specifics arent important... But the co-owner and treasurer bailed out. Several of the members have also walked away and no longer participate. It has been going downhill fast since then. The owner now has complete control but has been having his own issues and has been mostly MIA for most of this year. The current owner had bought it a while back from the previous owner as it was slowly dying then to breathe new life into it. But unfortunately it is headed down the same path again...

#5 ·
Sad to see, I have been a member there for a while, and made a few friends there. Not to demean this forum at all, but every time another source of information goes by the wayside, we as a family loose. I truly hope they pull through, but only time will tell.

#8 ·
:agree: I registered no issues as well.

Reactions: OnaWingandaPrayer
#9 ·
I also frequent the NAGW site. Glad to have you all as family members over there. As mentioned the "owner" is seemingly absent. But as long as long as the lights are on we can share information and make friends.
This forum seems to be the more active of several I use for Wings. NAGW is used for all years not 1800 specific.

#11 ·
John has issues to deal with, but the biggest issue is no one is talking. As many members as there are, both new and old, there's nothing being posted. Surely someone has done a new ride or updated something on their bike, or even met up with someone for lunch. It's like your first dance in Junior High, everyone is sitting in the bleachers and no one's asking the girls to dance. Someone has to be first, and no one is jumping in.

Reactions: 06winger
#20 ·
I am still not able to get it to work and am getting an error. But there was some info posted recently over on their FB page that the owner, John is aware of the problem and working hard to get it resolved...

Attachments

#22 ·
I have been off the nagf website for a long LONG time. John added so much stuff to the site that made it hard to navigate. Tried to talk to John about it and he'd never talk with me. Now I'm locked out and get messages saying I'm NOT AUTHORIZED to see pages. Doesn't bother me anymore as I just don't go there.

#23 ·
I never was able to get out of the loop it got stuck in when I tried to change my email address.

I took it out of my "rotation" several weeks ago, and today I'm deleting the shortcut to it.

#26 ·
When I bought my Goldwing in 2016 I found and joined all of the Goldwing forums that I could find. But I found that the low volume of new threads, and comments on active threads was very low, making he feel like I was wasting my time even just clicking on the link to the specific forum. Over time I have eliminated them from my "Favorites" list and just come here. But it does seem that many forums, on all sorts of subjects, go through a life cycle of growth, then slowly fading away to a quiet death. And all too many forums seem to get too full of themselves, harassing members because of some "infraction" or other. For many years I would check motorcycleforum.com daily, and I still do check there but not daily, after they forced out several of the primary contributors who were also moderators. I have no idea what the beef was by the owners, but that forum has not been the same since. So for now, this is my one and only Goldwing place to visit and that's ok with me.

Reactions: William Anzik
#28 ·
It's been up and down for the last couple days. John said they're doing some work to the site and trying to correct some format issues they've had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.