GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this part on the garage floor after working on my goldwing and removing both pockets, lower cowl and honda fog lights. Any ideas where it might have come from?

Top:

Bottom:

Side view:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
That looks like the rubber bumper pad (anti rattle)that goes under the chrome side cover near the top corner. Pull both and see if one is missing.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Might be the rubber plug from the left front pocket where the Aux cable would be routed????

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Don't think it's either of those. The AUX plug is a standard geommet with a hole in the center (and the flanges are thicker), and the anti-rattle plug in the chrome engine side cover is more like a mushroom with a straight stem on it.
If I recall, when I changed my air filter, there was a hole in the bottom of my air box that was sealed with some kind of hard plastic plug. That could be it. Did you have some sort of backfire that could have blown it out? Just a guess.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's possible that it came from somewhere else it was just odd that when I finished working on the bike it was on the floor. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it but I have a hard time doing that. Oh well...

·
Registered
256 Posts
1: its a Flying saucer for midget aliens or a doohickey that goes near the whatchyamacallit located right next to the thingamabob.... :lol: :p :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
It looks more 'automotive' than motorcycle.
I've never seen a plug like that on a Honda motorcycle... but it could be from a dash or plastic piece from a car.
I vote for 'don't worry about it'<G>

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Were you working with your rear saddle bags? It looks like a drain hole plug for one of 'em.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I forgot. Sometimes they're called "Jesus Christ " plugs. I've heard many guys say" Jesus Christ, where did that come from". If he doesn't know , niether do I.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
topster said:
It is a automotive trim push plug. I have some left over from my Honda Civic.
Yea, I don't think that came from a Wing, looks like a push plug from an auto...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you have highway pegs? It looks just like a plug from the back of the Kury highway pegs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts