1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
As you know I ride mine so hard I have to let it lay down and rest often.:roll:

·
Registered
142 Posts
That looks like the Landing Gear that they used to make for the GL1500 fitted onto or adapted for a GL1800. It used to be activated by a toggle switch on the bike, but I guess it's gone wireless now! That's an interesting alternative to a full trike. :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks like the Landing Gear that they used to make for the GL1500 fitted onto or adapted for a GL1800. It used to be activated by a toggle switch on the bike, but I guess it's gone wireless now! That's an interesting alternative to a full trike. :popcorn:

I think they build them for both the 1500 and 1800.
Looks like they would work well for folks with knee or leg problems that still want to stay on two wheels but need a bit of support at the stops.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
When the bike won't stay up, it can get it's own walker. :joke:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Something like this was made years ago first for the 1200 then adapted for the 1500. It ended up being called SafeStop. Different from the Landing Gear that attaches to the center stand mount. (I believe the Landing Gear replaced the center stand)

This SafeStop rides beside the saddlebags and can keep the bike straight up even when on a slant. http://trikealternative.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts