GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
First weekend of April in Fort Worth!

That's why we plan a MC trip that weekend every year. Roads are clogged, restraunts are jammed, hotels are full and we live within 5 miles of the Texas Motor Speedway. During the race, if I go outside and the weather conditions are correct, I can hear the drone of the race cars! Talk about an economic boom to any town.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love racing of all types but the NASCAR races with restricter plates are getting boting. Its like watching a prade of vehicles on the freeway. When one vehicle spins it takes out too many innocent vehicles and scatters the hopes of many trying to work their way through the pack. My favorite is usually taken out. I would rather see them cut the engine size drastically (3 Liters or lower) and let them do what they want with the engines. Overdoing it with engine mods has always been the equalizer because it takes longevity as well as speed to win. I am not interested viewing a parade. Anyone routing for Derick Cope this year?

·
Registered
188 Posts
i love the fact that it is racing season..that only means spring is right around the coner..nutting better than a wondeful ride on a sunday afternoon listening to a race.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
hey nascar fans,

recently we were in atlanta for a little holiday trip. we stopped by the atlanta speedway, and took the $ 5 tour.

this rednck takes us all over the grounds in a 10 passenger van, we get to see the entire operation.

then as part of the tour, he rolls out onto the race track and takes two laps at 70-75 miles an hour. were way up on the bank, near the top.

probably the best $ 5 tour i have ever been on.

if your a nascar guy, boy howdy was that great for this passive fan, how good would it be for a real fan.

loren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts