GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're planning on an overnight stop in Nashville along I-40 or I-440. Is any area better than another for convenience and security?

Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
Dont stay there near I40-440 exchange, its deep in the hood. If you are on 40, Mt. Juliet is a great, safe place to stay. Its at the 229 m.m., I think. Its on the east side of town. Lots of nice, new motels, a new mall, good places to eat, etc.
Where are you going? Coming across 40?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

for the info. Headed to Wings Over Smokies, then additional touring TBD. :)

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I'd plan on stopping a little outside of the city. I find it's usually a little less costly than right in the heart of the city.
If you can find a Drury Inn, you won't be disapointed. They have hot food (natchos, hot dogs, loaded baked potatoes, soup, etc) from 5-7 PM every night along with soft drinks (3 glasses of wine/beer free or at a low cost depending on state laws). There is also a hot breakfast in the morning (free also).
Drury Inn

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mt. Juliet is exit 226 , I looked today. Great (safe) little city that is 15 minutes to the east of Nashville.

·
Registered
228 Posts
West Side

Well, depending on what time you hit Davidson Co. you might want to avoid outbound traffic East, so exit 196(Hwy 70S) has several hotel and food options. Microtel and Hampton for a couple. But also exit 172 back at Dickson has numerous, and most likely less expensive options. That would be the Hwy 46 South exit. Both relatively safe. Dickson Co. is HEAVILY patrolled at night. Don't ask me how I know!
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dont stay there near I40-440 exchange, its deep in the hood. If you are on 40, Mt. Juliet is a great, safe place to stay. Its at the 229 m.m., I think. Its on the east side of town. Lots of nice, new motels, a new mall, good places to eat, etc.
Where are you going? Coming across 40?
Gosh Mack, he may like the "hood"!
:shrug:

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Gosh Mack, he may like the "hood"!
:shrug:

If he wears his ball cap on his head sideways and his pants halfway to his knees he would fit in very well indeed.

I lived in middle Tennessee for many years. For sure there are some parts of it that are best to stay out of.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Folks

for the help. And, NO, I don't wear my cap sideways :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I stay away from Nashville. If they don't have problem with the Crack heads , you will get run over by the traffic. Worst city I have ever seen . Been a cop for 39yrs and Nashville is bad.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've traveled in most of the U.S. over the years and IMHO, Boston wins worst/rudest driver award. :)

:thumbup: Thanks for the tip. I'll be extra vigilant.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check out the website for ""Club Hotel"" Nashville. 2435 Atrium Way. Really a clean place. Full breakfast included and the night we stayed they had a mixer with free drinks.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
In my humble opinion

I am a retired Lebanon,Tn. detective and yes, Mt. Juliet has new motels on your right side going east and a huge new shopping center called Providence. On your left at the exit is a Cheddar's restaurant with good food, but there are a lot of eating places to chose from.

Should you drive 15 miles further east you will come to Lebanon, Exit 238 with lots of motels with different price ranges. It is also patroled heavy but no town is completely crime proof. But at either place you won't be in the hood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts