GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at riding the Trace north to Nashville beginning near Tupelo . . . or starting about 60 miles south of there near Maben. I won't be stopping much on the Trace, just using it as a different way to get from FL to MI. Would I be missing a good ride if I don't do the Maben to Tupelo stretch?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Get on the Trace somewhere below French Camp, then stop at the Council House there for a fantastic sandwich (homemade bread), the best brocolli salad in the state, homemade soup, Mississippi mudpie (best in the state), and iced tea. Large trees around to take a nice afternoon nap after such a fine meal. Just north of there, go to the top of the lookout at the Jeff Busby rest area for a nice view. Keep in mind that the Trace is a federal highway and the speed limit is 50 mph (lots of folks will probably be passing you). The limit drops to 40 mph the last 10 miles before Nashville. Beautiful, relaxing drive so long as you are not in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Get on the Trace somewhere below French Camp, then stop at the Council House there for a fantastic sandwich (homemade bread), the best brocolli salad in the state, homemade soup, Mississippi mudpie (best in the state), and iced tea. Large trees around to take a nice afternoon nap after such a fine meal. Just north of there, go to the top of the lookout at the Jeff Busby rest area for a nice view. Keep in mind that the Trace is a federal highway and the speed limit is 50 mph (lots of folks will probably be passing you). The limit drops to 40 mph the last 10 miles before Nashville. Beautiful, relaxing drive so long as you are not in a hurry.
+1 but it is so relaxing - I nearly dozed off - so I would say to me other than the food, the road was kinda boring. I like twisties and challenging roads. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
We rode it last year great 1 tme ride but dont think I will ride it again.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It is a little slow, but a nice ride. Loveless Cafe at HWY 100 at the top end is a great place to eat. :cool::cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts