GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Comfort Bars sold by National Cycle.

I like the looks for mounting highway pegs for my long legs and wonder how they compare to the other brands?

Thanks for comments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Had my dealer order mine last week.

They chatted with their distributor while I was there and it seems that the comfort bars are just now entering the supply pipeline. The distributor said he hoped he'd have some to ship within the next two weeks.

I ordered the 76mm extensions as well. My only reservation at this point is that I don't see how the extensions will lock in place as none of the available diagrams show any splines. If they're two smooth facing surfaces I can see a problem...but there's always JB Weld....

Fingers crossed. Probably won't have a chance to get them mounted until late March.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Per National Cycle.

The comfort bars do not interfere with fog lights but you have to remove the comfort bars to access the spark plugs .....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I ordered my Comfort Bar and extensions on Feb. 18th directly from National Cycle. The guy said they had the Comfort Bar but didn't not have the longer extensions I wanted. He said the extensions would be in in about a week.

I also luckily got 10% off from a sale they had or still have going.

I told him no hurry on the shipping waiting for the extensions, as I wouldn't be mounting it for a couple of weeks anyway.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,564 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here but I think the comfort bars look out of place on the new wing and look so dated and old... and add unnecessary weight. I guess I've just grown to the sleek design of the 2018 and appreciate the way Honda has concealed the tip over bars with this bike.

I think the highway pegs that blend in with the bike and look the best with this new design are made by Goldstrike….. but hey everybody has different taste and I don't normally comment on what people install on their bike....but opinions were asked for :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my comfort bars Mid Jan. My dealer got the long mounting extensions 10 days ago...but waiting for the black bars to come in. My dealer who I ordered from, stated the black bars would be available about Feb 24 and there was a supply of the silver bars....but who knows.....I am in in Minnesota...so sitting here in a blizzard no rush for them.....

I am sure that there will be some way...even fanagle something to make them work with Show Chrome and others. I order mine not so much for the peg mounting point, but for times I might have a soft tip of the bike...added protection at least.

My dealer has a set of mini boards mounted on the side bars...and for me at least at 5' 10" they are out there too far.....can not sit right in the saddle to reach them and the calf is rubbing against the corner of the engine for me.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Per National Cycle.

The comfort bars do not interfere with fog lights but you have to remove the comfort bars to access the spark plugs .....
How often did you change plugs on the old Goldwing? I don’t think you’ll do these before 100,000 miles or once every four or five years!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The bars look like the training ones you see on lots of Hardly’s. They need those on their bikes. Not a good look on ours . . . JMHO. :frown2:

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
I don't agree. I can see just not liking them which you're certainly entitled to do. But to say you won't mount them because they interfere with a spark plug change? That's a stretch.
What the install video.
Lotta extras parts to take off to do servicing.

Sorry. I'm sticking with my evaluation.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed the comfort bars on my 18 and I must say I love the look of the black bars against the white wing ! Pretty easy install and as such will be easy to remove if I ever have to change the plugs!. Now to find the best pegs for it. Also nice tie down spots if I need it as well..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts