GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these on National Cycle's face book page. It sounds like the first 2 photo are finished prototypes taken at at Aime expo and the bottom are photo from the factory of pre-production sample parts.

Attachments

Reactions: rmw700

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
They definitely look more heavy duty giving the bike more protection and more highway peg options.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Nice idea but they better have much better looking welds on the final product. :22yikes:

·
Love The DCT
12,021 Posts
I’m leaning toward the Show Chrome ones that attach directly to the crash bars and includes a plastic trim piece to dress up the edges of the hole after you remove the plastic cover.

:doorag:

·
Registered
807 Posts
I like those myself but think at 5'10" reaching them might not be very comfortable. Looks like something for someone well over 6'

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Pretty crude crash bars. The upper forward mounting bolt doesn't have anything between it and the frame.
They seem to set pretty close to the ground under the fairing plastic.
The clamp that holds it to the crash bar looks wimpy too.:smile2:
Nice try..

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I’m leaning toward the Show Chrome ones that attach directly to the crash bars and includes a plastic trim piece to dress up the edges of the hole after you remove the plastic cover.

:doorag:
yea, im all about the stealth and OEMish look, which those have. unfortunately this GW design doesnt lend itself well to it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Pretty crude crash bars.
Not sure they're supposed to be crash bars. On the FB page, the company rep who posted the pic implied they are just to mount highway pegs on. At least that's how I interpreted the discussion.

Pegs available from other vendors.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
They should extend the ends across the front to the other tip over bar, with a polished Alum or SS solid round bar like we did with the pre 2004 Kaw Voyager XII tour bikes with a similar tip over bar design. It made them rock solid!!. & you could mount lites on them ect..

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Pretty busy looking just to mount pegs. LOL:grin2:
Yep, but as you pointed out, they don't look sturdy enough to serve as crash bars. Time will tell.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Where they, I’d like both!:oops:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts