GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Special Edition V Stream put on my wing. What a difference, I am impressed. Looks nice and very functional for wind management.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Put mine on just before taking a 2100 mile trip with the SO and it made such a difference that where she was only riding 350 to 400 miles a day we done 475 miles one day and on another we done 625 miles and she was not hurting in the least. One of the best additions I have made to my Trike.

Attachments

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,978 Posts
I am enjoying mine ... it really handles the air so much better than the stock. :thumbup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is it oversize?? How tall are you guys? I am 6' 2" and looking for some better wind protection.

Smitty

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,978 Posts
Is it oversize?? How tall are you guys? I am 6' 2" and looking for some better wind protection.

Smitty
It is not an oversize shield. I'm 6' 1" and it works great for me.

I like looking over the shield, but with the stock there was a lot of buffeting in that position. With the V Stream the air coming over the shield is smoother. I guess that is the best way to describe it. I cannot say it totally eliminates the buffeting, but it sure is a lot better than what I was getting from the stock shield.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Smitty
Love mine too awesome investment :thumbup: Give Bulldog a jingle on here he is a dealer and a better price you won't find :thumbup:

·
Registered
642 Posts
It is not an oversize shield. I'm 6' 1" and it works great for me.

I like looking over the shield, but with the stock there was a lot of buffeting in that position. With the V Stream the air coming over the shield is smoother. I guess that is the best way to describe it. I cannot say it totally eliminates the buffeting, but it sure is a lot better than what I was getting from the stock shield.
Monk

I am right at 6' 5" and I like looking thru the WS. With the Ultimate Mid Rider Seat, I am able to do so with the "V" Stream. Although, it can be adjusted down if you like to look over the top. I have used, Stock Honda, Tall Honda, Show Chrome, Tall Tulsa and now this "V" Stream and it's the best I used.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It also made the cockpit quiter, can hear the radio better, the headset better too. And my hands don't get wet in the rain, the little places that stick out on each side of the windshield direct the water away from your hands. I got to try out the rain zip yesterday too, it works well too.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Anyone have the Part#??? Or is there only one..

Thanks Smitty

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
How much is it? Approx.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I always used the X-Tall Tulsa's with vent.
The only thing I don't like about the Tulsa is that the rain comes over the top and on to my lap.
2 months ago I ordered a V stream with vent.
I put it on and set it high like my Tulsa.
The vent was in my line of vision.
We took it for a ride and my wife and I agreed that we got more wind from it.
I took it off and sent it back for a refund.
To late in our riding season now so next year I'm going to try the X-Tall F4 with vent.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I always used the X-Tall Tulsa's with vent.
The only thing I don't like about the Tulsa is that the rain comes over the top and on to my lap.
2 months ago I ordered a V stream with vent.
I put it on and set it high like my Tulsa.
The vent was in my line of vision.
We took it for a ride and my wife and I agreed that we got more wind from it.
I took it off and sent it back for a refund.
To late in our riding season now so next year I'm going to try the X-Tall F4 with vent.
I ran a Tulsa once for about a year and the only thing I got tired of was hitting my helmet on it when getting off the bike. Although, a friend had an accident while a Tulsa was installed and that thing broke (shattered) into huge triangle surgical knife edged pieces!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
sounds like a shield I should consider for next year. My stock one is getting pretty bad when the sun hits it.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

Smitty
I'm 6'6" myself and the stock shield works very well. I do have it all the way up, but that is not a problem. :shrug:
The SO may have a problem, but she doesn't ride that much anyway!:bow:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts