GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? Seems like a good buy @ $50.00, especially with the Rockies- Gold 2007 coming up! Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My family gets one EVERY year. I always renew it when I ride out to Big Bend or Guadalupe Mountains NP.

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
43 Posts
National Park Pass

I would say it depends upon you're travel plans. If you're planning on visiting several parks, it would be easy to compute if it would save you money. I think the one you are talking about is good for one year from the date you first use it entering a park. Now let me tell you a real good deal. We travel a lot all over the country and I have a Golden Age Pass which I became eligible for at age 62 and cost a one time $10. We have used it many many times. Won't work at the state parks. So, once you pass 62 and travel, the Golden Age Pass is quite a deal.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Get it!

·
Registered
791 Posts
ShaneStump said:
My family gets one EVERY year. I always renew it when I ride out to Big Bend or Guadalupe Mountains NP.

Best Regards,

Shane
Me too; of course, it depends how many parks you visit.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I always got one, & it paid for itself every year. Entrance fee is now $15.00 for Skyline Drive alone. I ride that 1/2 doz X's a yr(or more).
Got my Golden Age Passport 3 years ago. Best 10 bucks i ever spent. :D
Got it @ Skyline Dr. on my birthday in '03 riding my '00 1500. 8)
Good luck to you,
the hobo

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I always have one in my wallet -- I hit so many parks that it more than pays for itself with a couple of visits.

For Rockies-Gold, could be used at Colorado National Monument and Black Canyon National Park, plus if coming or going you plan to visit places like Mesa Verde or Rocky Mountain National Park it could be useful also.

·
Registered
585 Posts
We get one every year. Go to the Parks or not..........Cleanest most beautiful places in the country. Help keep them that way with your card purchase.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mine paid for itself this year. A very good investment if you plan on traveling.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Sure was a good deal for me this year. Bought mine at Rocky Mountain National park, then rode over to the Tetons, Yellowstone, Custers Last Stand and Mt. Rushmore. Probably saved me what it cost.

2,732 Posts
YUP!

Good investment. When you reach 65, you can get a Golden Age pass which is good for the rest of your life. I'm not that age yet but a certain rider of mine is and being next door to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park, we use it a couple of times each month plus it is great for any of the Nat'l Parks throughout the nation.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input! I'm not ready for the Golden Age Pass, yet. I purchased it this morn after a short deliberation. It will pay back for our trip to the Rochies-Gold 2007. Thanks All!

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dang Where's that spell check thang? Rockies-Gold 2007, lol

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Re: YUP!

Canyon Dancer in Colorado said:
Good investment. When you reach 65, you can get a Golden Age pass which is good for the rest of your life.

Got one of those Golden Age passports in May and the first thing I did was ride the Colorado National Monument near Grand Junction. Next year going west to Wing Ding and another western tour, I will use it again and again. :lol: Life is good when you are retired!

·
Registered
812 Posts
park pass

When we tour we are a 2 bike family. After visiting several parks and paying the fee for each, the ranger at Yellowstone told us for $10 more we could get a family pass good for a year at all parks. From now on that is the way we go.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
That Golden Age passport is not only good at National Parks, its good at any Federal Fee site - BLM. Department of Interior, Forest Service, TVA, Corp of Engineers, etc. $10 lifetime, includes anyone else in the vehicle. And for free with the same bennys is the Golden Acess passport, if you are disabled.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts