GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many local RTE destinations in each of the state listings. However, I think it might be time for a National RTE to a specific destination. And I think Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is the right place to start.

For all you who are brave hearted, gutsy, thrill-seeking, need-for-speed affectionados, perhaps the following link might just get your heart rate above 80. Whatchya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpbGyRLkXCw

Just a little mile long alpine coaster near Gatlinburg. I'm already looking at calendars and trip planning sites...

- David

ps...I'll go straight to the heart and call everyone out by simply saying...I Triple-Dog Dare Ya!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Just some thoughts:

Pigeon Forge is a tourist trap with generally horrible traffic. Yes there are great roads nearby but getting through the mess to them can be difficult. This is also a very eastern location, good for me but maybe not for west coasters. I would substitute Maggie Valley for Pigeon Forge. There are lots of great places to stay, visit and ride in this area of NC, SC, GA, TN, and into VA. But again this is a very eastern destination.

I think I would look further west for a location perhaps Springfield, MO or some Harrison, AR. Or maybe further north for cooler weather like Lacrosse, WI or maybe Galena, Ill. All feature access to some great riding. Any further west and then the folks from the east may not be able to get the time to come.

Not every rider is a long distance iron butt type, many of us travel/tour by motorcycle but enjoy doing more than just riding during the day so our mileage is not at 600 plus miles a day.

I do like your idea just not the location.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts