GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed north from GlockJock's to Nauvoo through Missouri and Arkansas was looking other stuff to see and Nauvoo, any suggestions? TIA

F

·
0 Posts
Nauvoo is an awesome place to go.
The people are friendly.
Get there early to get tickets for the Horse drawn or Oxen drawn narrated rides that give the history of Nauvoo.
Great time and awe inspiring place.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Nauvoo Il

Check out the Browning Museum in Nauvoo. His work shop in a step back in time.
Billy

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I haven't ever been to Nauvoo itself, but seeing the Temple in Nauvoo from across the Mississippi River on US 61 in Iowa was impressive to me.

F

·
0 Posts
Mike
I swear there is an aura around that place.
The first time my wife and I rode there, as we came into town we both felt this overwhelming
feeling of peace.
It was awesome.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Was there in 2001 for the open house and then back for the deadication of the temple there. Really cool history and things to see there. Best buffalo chickens wings in the world just up the river from there, don't recall the town's name but I was told by the owner that Harrison Ford would fly in just for those buffalo wings.
Hit Carthage too if you have the time.
The Mormons are good folks and most are very nice and not over bearing with the religious stuff.
Great time of year to be up there too, enjoy!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
Check out the Browning Museum in Nauvoo. His work shop in a step back in time.
Billy
+1. This is the shop of the more famous John Moses Browning's father, Jonathan.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flat6bagger, it rained almost all the way there from Missouri but stopped while I was there then started again after I left.

F

·
0 Posts
Pooch,
all I am going to say is that does not surprise me in the least.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
flat6bagger, it rained almost all the way there from Missouri but stopped while I was there then started again after I left.
Pooch, when are your coming back to Missouri or Arkansas to ride with us again? The Harrison Ark. ride will be sometime this October?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts