GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 airbag
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on some questions I'm sure some of you can answer that own the oem type. This will be my first gps.
When traveling from my route that I put in before leaving and I need gas,food,etc, do I have to stop, redo for gas or food? Then what, redo my route again?
I like that the unit is waterproof & built in. I've read alot about some saying the aftermarket ones offer alot more, but for me I think that this should do.
Any other comments are welcomed. Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
For the stock nav unit you will have to stop in order to search for a place to eat or gas or whatever. It won't allow you to make any changes while moving.

However, if you see a gas station and want to stop, just stop. The GPS will automatically re-calculate your route for you. Any time you travel off the planned route it will re-calculate it for you. So, if you see a sign for something that wasn't on your original plan, just go and let the GPS do its thing.

·
Registered
2008 airbag
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
However, if you see a gas station and want to stop, just stop. The GPS will automatically re-calculate your route for you. Any time you travel off the planned route it will re-calculate it for you. So, if you see a sign for something that wasn't on your original plan, just go and let the GPS do its thing.[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply, thats what I was hoping to hear. Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.