GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help on some questions I'm sure some of you can answer that own the oem type. This will be my first gps.
When traveling from my route that I put in before leaving and I need gas,food,etc, do I have to stop, redo for gas or food? Then what, redo my route again?
I like that the unit is waterproof & built in. I've read alot about some saying the aftermarket ones offer alot more, but for me I think that this should do.
Any other comments are welcomed. Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
For the stock nav unit you will have to stop in order to search for a place to eat or gas or whatever. It won't allow you to make any changes while moving.

However, if you see a gas station and want to stop, just stop. The GPS will automatically re-calculate your route for you. Any time you travel off the planned route it will re-calculate it for you. So, if you see a sign for something that wasn't on your original plan, just go and let the GPS do its thing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
However, if you see a gas station and want to stop, just stop. The GPS will automatically re-calculate your route for you. Any time you travel off the planned route it will re-calculate it for you. So, if you see a sign for something that wasn't on your original plan, just go and let the GPS do its thing.[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply, thats what I was hoping to hear. Bob

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You can mute the voice by hitting the Navi button, or turn it off by holding it down.

Chances are you'll want to do that if you stay off course for very long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts