GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find 2 restaurant POI in 2 different cities on the Honda GPS. both restaurants have been in business more than 10 years and there are POI's listed on the sale street a little further down.

Has anyone else found this?

I put in the zip code and search under restaurant and they don't come up. then I switch and search by address and the address is not found.

Looking for ideas.

thanks,

John

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
If you post the name(s) and address(es) I'll try it for you.

It's possible they aren't there, but there have been lots of similar posts that it turned out to be something with the search method.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Renegades on the River, 1171 County Road 309, Crescent City, FL 32112

Mission BBQ, 968 W. Mitchell Hammock Road, Oviedo, FL 32765

Mason Jar Restaurant, 37534 State Rd 19, Umatilla, FL 32784

thanks for your help. I'm interested in what I may be doing wrong

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had trouble finding entire streets in established towns. I've almost given up on the navigation at this point.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
I could not find 2 restaurant POI in 2 different cities on the Honda GPS. both restaurants have been in business more than 10 years and there are POI's listed on the sale street a little further down.

Has anyone else found this?

I put in the zip code and search under restaurant and they don't come up. then I switch and search by address and the address is not found.

Looking for ideas.

thanks,

John

I have given up on Honda's NAV.
Its useless..
I bet Google maps can find them.:smile2:

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Was able to find 2 out of 3 by address.

Couldn't find any in POI lists -- but I didn't scroll all the way thru the lists; the restaurant lists were longer than my patience.

Couldn't find Mission BBQ, Oviedo on the bike as a POI and it didn't have data when I tried phone number.
Normal fall-back plan of entering address failed because it only new about 96 W Mitchell Hammock, had not info about street numbers in 960 -969 range.
(often it's easier/faster just to enter address rather than scrolling thru list)

Interestingly (to me) when W Mitchell Hammock is put in without a street number it routed to a location near where (google says) the Mission BBQ is located.
Knowing the location the cursor on nav screen can be used to drop a point at the restaurant (I tried it) and it will route to the dropped point (useful if have been the before/know the location, but want/need routing from current location)

For the others, entering by address and assuming Florida is selected for State:

For Renegade:
- select city = Crescent City
- then country road 309
- then 1171
- GO

Mason Jar
-Umatilla
-State Road 19
-GO

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, you got similar results as I did. and were able to find 2 of them.

Honda need to be aware of this so they can fix it. just for the record, google maps has all 4 of them when searching by name.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What do you expect...GOOGLE rules the planet nowadays and Honda's lil ol' Navi system will never keep up.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
thanks, you got similar results as I did. and were able to find 2 of them.

Honda need to be aware of this so they can fix it. just for the record, google maps has all 4 of them when searching by name.

For sure.

I looked em up in google maps too!

In fairness, google has issues with street names and numbers too.
Especially on roads with name changes -- like W Mitchell Hammock Road.

What is the 4th one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts