GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was testing out the Navigation with a pre made route from my home to the dealer about 20 miles away. I left the cul de sac and remembered the I had a route. So about 2 blocks from my home I started the route. All the way to the dealer the Nav wanted me to go back home and start over.
Is there a way to get the Nav to skip missed waypoints?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Today I was testing out the Navigation with a pre made route from my home to the dealer about 20 miles away. I left the cul de sac and remembered the I had a route. So about 2 blocks from my home I started the route. All the way to the dealer the Nav wanted me to go back home and start over.
You have to pull over and go into the main navigation section where you imported the route and edit it. I can get details tonight when I am by the bike for you if you need it. Big miss by Honda not to have an easy on screen 'skip waypoint' option. Really frustrating when you are in the middle of a route and the import put one of the waypoints out in the middle of a field instead of on the road.

Tip: When making routes don't have it start where you are starting from. So if it is from home, don't start it there...start it along the route a few blocks/miles away.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nav and missing stop

I just want to point out that Garmins do this too, if you do not get close enough to the way point. I have to sometimes, stop and edit the route to stop the naggin wife, whoops I meant navigation...

·
Registered
368 Posts
As far as I know,,You have to stop movement to "edit" from the handlebar also and when you delete a waypoint you have to hit "Go" when stopped
You can be moving to delete a waypoint that was missed or overshot. I did it 3 times yesterday. While in Map on the screen, depress the Enter button on the left handlebar and scroll to Clear Guidance. Scroll down to the waypoint you wish to delete (if its a missed or overshot WP, it'll be the first one in the listing) and hit Enter, followed by Yes, then select Go and the trip will recalculate with the offending waypoint out of the picture.

·
Vendor
22,066 Posts
You shouldn't have to go though all this, the Nav system should be able to automatically pick up the next closest waypoint and guide you to it. You should also be able to start right in the middle of a route. I can live with some of the other issues of the Nav system, and I don't hate it, but this problem really needs to be fixed, (along with the smaller roads disappearing and the small road contrast issues).

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
the bike treats a way point like a destination. if you miss your destination, itll route you back to it, unless you delete it. just place the way points in the middle of the road and its not an issue. AND its simple to do.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While this GPS is not as good as my Navigator VI on my BMW, I am getting to understand it. It gets a little easier to use all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts