GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked on the GL1800s Nav system and I cant find a place to display miles per hour.:shrug: Am I not looking in the right place or does it just not show that information.:confused: I have read the Nav manual and didn't find it there either. :eek: I can show all the satellites the unit is talking to and my lon, lat and elevation but no mph. Has anyone found this or is it just not there.:?:

·
Registered
376 Posts
It isn't there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. That's kind of what I thought. How dumb is that.:confused: I guess if the bike has the speedo off by any margin you wouldn't want to show it on the Nav.;)

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
I have looked on the GL1800s Nav system and I cant find a place to display miles per hour.:shrug: Am I not looking in the right place or does it just not show that information.:confused: I have read the Nav manual and didn't find it there either. :eek: I can show all the satellites the unit is talking to and my lon, lat and elevation but no mph. Has anyone found this or is it just not there.:?:
That function has been moved to the big, round dial in the center of the instrument panel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will take me a bit to get use to not having to convert -10% speed in my head while riding. 60mph=54 or 70mph=63 and so on. I dont know what I'm going to do when 100 = 100 :22yikes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and I saw the big round thing. I just didnt beleive. :joke:

Who new they could acutualy do it right and it took how many years? :confused:

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
Oh and I saw the big round thing. I just didnt beleive. :joke:

Who new they could acutualy do it right and it took how many years? :confused:
All it really took was a class action lawsuit against the Honda car division for inaccurate odometers. They have actually been putting the error in intentionally, to try to REDUCE lawsuits. Guess that didn't work out the way the lawyers planned. :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so the built in error so when someone was going indicated 60 they are really going 54 on purpose. How did that help in a law suit :shrug:

·
Registered
56 Posts
They must have thought the riders would believe the speedometer and drive slower which would allow more time to maneuver around hazards, etc.:shrug:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that didn't work for me i just did the math. :biker: and looked over my shoulder. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts