GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that bought a GL1800 with the Nav system, I understand when moving, you can't adjust anything on the system.
What shuts the system down?
Who does that work?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
You can do some things like zoom the screen and push a couple buttons to tell you when your next turn is but you can't do any programming like routes or nearest. I guess Honda wants you to look down the road for cages on cell phones. I assume that when the Garmin senses any speed it will lock out these features. There are some posts here that explain ways around that feature. I love my 06 Navi for the size of the screen, but it has its shortcomings.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
For those of you that bought a GL1800 with the Nav system, I understand when moving, you can't adjust anything on the system.
What shuts the system down?
Who does that work?
Honda's Lawyers

·
Registered
21 Posts
THE LACK OF BEING ABLE TO USE THE SYSTEM IS BUILT IN AND THERE IS NO WAY TO OVERRIDE IT,
THE iWAY 500 HAS A PROGRAM BUILT IN IT TO EITHER ALLOW OR DIS ALLOW PROGRAMING WHILE UNDER WAY. IT IS ALSO A LOT LESS EXPENSIVE AND ALSO HAS A BUILT IN MP3 PLAYER.
IT IS ALSO A HARD DRIVE SYSTEM NOT A CARD USER.
CAN BE UP-DATED EITHER ON LINE OR REQUESTING A CD TO BE USED WITH YOUR COMPUTER. UP GRADES SO FAR, EVERY 6 MONTHS OR SO. ALSO THEY ARE FREE
GARMIN CHARGES FOR THEIRS.
RACER :lol: :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts