GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was using the GPS today from my start point to my endpoint with no way points. I also was playing music from a USB stick. Just as I was about to reach my endpoint (not my final destination), I looked down and the screen was black. Then the Gold Wing boot-up graphic appeared and the system came back, including music. But I had passed my end point on my way to my final destination. But since the Navi came back after I passed the end point, it tried to route me back to reach it. I simply cleared the route and continued on my way.

I think I remember a post where this same thing happened to another rider. If indeed it's happened to others, I'd be curious to know. 馃

Registered
Which software version?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Took a ride today and used the GPS again. No issues. Between that and the fact that others don't appear to have experienced a reboot, I'll consider Thursday's reboot as a one-off. Case closed. (y)

Registered
Took a ride today and used the GPS again. No issues. Between that and the fact that others don't appear to have experienced a reboot, I'll consider Thursday's reboot as a one-off. Case closed. (y)
Ive experienced the system shutting off and rebooting a few times while using AA. I changed the tether cord and everything seems right now...using AA requires a high quality cord

Registered
Went for a ride today and was trying out the update...the system rebooted 3 times when I tried using the voice commands...had to unplug the phone and plug it back in for it to reboot AA...one time I had to restart the bike to get AA to reboot. AA seems to work OK most of the time when using voice command but other times it is unstable and the controls are so arkward and clumsy..unfortunately AA does not work as good on the bike as it does on the phone and Honda has some refining to do with this system...on the other hand the Honda Navi is better than ever. I think the Honda maps look better than the Google and Wase maps and the Honda map is much easier to operate. I'm sorry but it seems like who ever does the work on the AA with this bike simply doesn't ride this bike...its like they just don't test it out in the real world..trying to use AA is just too clumsy and its unstable.

Registered
It would be helpful when reporting problems if people would state that the problem occurred with an Android Phone using AA, or an Iphone using Car Play.
Or neither.

My interpretation of OP's post was that bike GPS was running (and audio from a USB)

Registered
I've had several reboots while riding and using AA after the update and I use an Android Phone. I've been using an aftermarket cable so I'll try the original phone cable and see what happens.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
It would be helpful when reporting problems if people would state that the problem occurred with an Android Phone using AA, or an Iphone using Car Play.
For me, the OP, the reboot occurred just using the Honda Navi. I don't use Car Play or Android Auto. It's only happened once for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts