GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take this for what its worth...at Americade we spoke to a Garmin rep...he said that a map/firmware update was coming out in July for the GL1800 motorcycles with Navi....I asked him if he was sure and he ASSURED me this was true...so we'll see....he also said it would be around $100....time will tell....he said when you're dealing with 2 OEM's, (Garmin & Honda) things move slowly....ride safe....

Scott

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
That would make this old coot happy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cabernet Red,
...at Americade we spoke to a Garmin rep...he said that a map/firmware update was coming out in July for the GL1800 motorcycles with Navi....
Without defining which year NAVIs, the comment is most likely referring to the NAVIs running City Navigator North America (CN NA) NT, not the earlier NAVIs running CN NA Non-NT.

IMO, the owners of earlier NAVIs are just wishful-thinking if they believe Garmin will update those earlier GPS. The number of GL-1800s with NAVI are a drop in the bucket compared to the gazillion Users of earlier "non-NAVI" Garmin GPS...! Garmin abandoned all of these Users when they stopped updating CN NA after the 2009 release...!

YMMV.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Cabernet Red,

Without defining which year NAVIs, the comment is most likely referring to the NAVIs running City Navigator North America (CN NA) NT, not the earlier NAVIs running CN NA Non-NT.

IMO, the owners of earlier NAVIs are just wishful-thinking if they believe Garmin will update those earlier GPS. The number of GL-1800s with NAVI are a drop in the bucket compared to the gazillion Users of earlier "non-NAVI" Garmin GPS...! Garmin abandoned all of these Users when they stopped updating CN NA after the 2009 release...!

YMMV.
:agree: unfortunately!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Maybe E98 is onto something? Think about all of the non-NT setups in cars, boats, motorcycles, etc.

Maybe the Garmin folks think there is sufficient aftermarket willing to pay $100 or more for an update rather than abandon their existing integrated GPS hardware.

Garmin and Honda and Toyota and Ford and everyone else can all name their price. Lots of folks would pay hundreds for non-NT 2010 maps.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Same thing has been reported for at least the last 2 years.:coffee1:
If you really want one, contact GL1800Guy, he might be able to help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
GPS Ver 2011 MAP UPDATES are HERE!!!

Hello folks,

Ordered new maps last week after speaking with Barry at Garmin. Today received my NEW CF card map update!!!! I have a 2008 GL1800 and thought, like most of us, that updates would never come. I did have to pay $149 plus shipping & tax, (Price didn't drop to $100, or at least not yet as some had predicted.) He also said that Honda hasn't made the official announcement yet, but that when they do, the orders may get backed up. It is the newest Ver.2011 for those who have the older Non NT. YEAH MON!!!! I will install it this weekend after I replace my rear shoe.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hello folks,
It is the newest Ver.2011 for those who have the older Non NT.
For NT maps, the latest is 2012.10

If you would, once you have them installed, check the version numbers displayed on the navi unit and let us know what it reports.

·
Registered
197 Posts
for nt maps, the latest is 2012.10

if you would, once you have them installed, check the version numbers displayed on the navi unit and let us know what it reports.
new version for 06-08 are 2011.10 and are now america nt version, fwiw!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For NT maps, the latest is 2012.10

If you would, once you have them installed, check the version numbers displayed on the navi unit and let us know what it reports.
Latest NT maps are 2012.2.....thats what I have on my nuvi...ride safe...

Scott

(I just received my CF card today...after applying the update, I will try 2012.2 and see if it works ?...has anyone tried yet ?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts