GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the trouble to program a route on my Honda NAVI using five or six via points to get just the route that I needed for a ride we will be taking soon. I did a dry run of the route today and discovered two problems that I am hoping someone can help me with.

1. Once I have run the route, is there anyway to tell it to rerun it from the start so I don't have to do it all over again?

2. If there is a way point that I want to skip (it was a little off the correct road). Is there a way to tell it to skip that point and move on to the next so I won' try to keep turning me around?

I know the Honda NAVI sucks, so lets not go there.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
I haven't used mine this year but I believe you can just do a save on your programmed routes. As far as skipping a way point, you just have to drive past it and eventually, it will give up and move on to the next one. My TomTom handles this much better but, this is what these bikes have.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I believe you can delete your " via points ". Just go into MENU, ROUTE, EDIT ROUTE and delete or sort your via points.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't used mine this year but I believe you can just do a save on your programmed routes. As far as skipping a way point, you just have to drive past it and eventually, it will give up and move on to the next one. My TomTom handles this much better but, this is what these bikes have.
I looked around in the menu for saving routes and didn't see it. The only thing close was saving a favorite place. Is there a route saving option I am missing?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe you can delete your " via points ". Just go into MENU, ROUTE, EDIT ROUTE and delete or sort your via points.
I guess that is the best way. I was hoping for something easier that would skip the next way point. If I have to delete it, I will have to pull the group over, flip it in neutral, find the problematic via point in the list and delete it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I guess that is the best way. I was hoping for something easier that would skip the next way point. If I have to delete it, I will have to pull the group over, flip it in neutral, find the problematic via point in the list and delete it.

Thanks
Sops, what I do is this: Before any trip I take I load up all potential waypoints I might want, any cities, motels, etc. along my route, then put them in " Favorites " or at least they will be in " recently found ". Then along my trip, when I want a quick wayoint I just pull the one I want out quick instead of punching the whole mess into that goofy menu. I like the Navi screen size but the Navi itself is pretty basic, a lot of people don't like this unit at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts