GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm following a route with the Navi and a message pops up on the screen telling me that the traffic has changed and is asking me if I want to recalculate the route...so I hit the yes tab and the Navi recalculates the route..my question is...how can the Navi do that...does the 2018 Navi connect to something to tell it traffic conditions...I'm not paying for any service and am only using the system as it came from Honda.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you activate the Sirrus XM trial? It comes with that, traffic and weather.
No...I never activated XM radio...don't even have the XM antenna. I've noticed the pop-up message last year too while following a long route telling me that the traffic conditions changed and it recommended a change in the route.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Your FM radio using this.

What does RDS TMC mean?
RDS-TMC (Radio Data System Traffic Message Channel) displays traffic information such as traffic congestion, accidents, and roadworks on the map screens by receiving FM multiplex broadcasting from a RDS-TMC station.

PS; the radio never turns off. You can only select something else, or silence it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
My GPS shows how many miles it is to the destination and how long it will take to get there if there were no traffic....
Of course that is useless......where I live.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
interesting. just to be clear. you had an address entered in the honda nav, it detected heavy traffic and it asked if youd prefer an alternate route?

following this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So I'm following a route with the Navi and a message pops up on the screen telling me that the traffic has changed and is asking me if I want to recalculate the route...so I hit the yes tab and the Navi recalculates the route..my question is...how can the Navi do that...does the 2018 Navi connect to something to tell it traffic conditions...I'm not paying for any service and am only using the system as it came from Honda.
Haven't had that happen to me while on the Wing, but I don't use the GPS that often. It has happened while using the GPS on our 2015 Honda CR-V. I was also surprised because I didn't think the GPS got real time traffic data. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts