GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone let me have a copy of the installation instructions for the Kennedy Navi Timer?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nav Timer

I have a Nav Timer, and it works great, one, but am not sure if the instructions I have will be useful to you and your Wing, since you are in England.

For all I know, the electrical connector plug (that comes from the factory) that needs to be pulled apart, so the Nav Timer can be plugged in to take it's place, may be entirely different than the plug on my USA Wing.

I don't have a scanner, so I can't send it to you that way, but I would be willing to type out the instructions I have, if you wish.

Just let me know if that's what you want, and I'll give it a whirl!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've now managed to get a copy from Kennedy themselves but thanks for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Kennedy no longer sells the NavTimer. Atleast that is what I was told when I contacted Kennedy about mine running the battey down. Mine would not turn off the Nav Unit and ran my battery down.After charging the battery, the Nav screen was black. I removed the NavTimer and the screen was back. Kennedy did refund my purchase price with the return of the NavTimer. I think they had problems with it and discontinued it. It could be a problem waiting to happen. I had two to go bad and not turn off the Nav system after 90 minutes. On the other hand, many have not had any problems with it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
After installing the NavTimer I had ghosts in my displays.

The item has been recalled by Kennedy.

Probably a good idea to just get used to hitting enter every time you stop instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts