GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride Monday and now the nav shows me off road near a different town than where I am actually sitting.

I've tried turning the bike off and on several times and screen says initializing but I still look like I'm in the middle of the woods. As I drive the map moves under the cursor as it should but the location is bad.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Have you saved any destinations? Select one of them or create a new destination and it should correct itself.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bayrec

The problem cropped up when I selected my HOME location and started the route. Started out OK and then went crazy. I'll try setting up a new location tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I don't think you have to enter one if you have others saved. Another way might be to find a POI and map to it.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I have to agree that I'm not at all a fan of the Honda GPS.... Mine has screwed me up also...............I'm going back to the Garmin GPS, never a problem...

Ronnie

·
Registered
410 Posts
Seems I have read there is a screen recalibrate or something somewhere. Not the same as total reset. I have had to do this on my Garmin a couple times.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
As a last resort have you tried a System reset?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Assuming you did all the firmware updates, a system reset should fix your problem.
If not, report the software bug to Honda.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts