GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No problems occurred. Just follow the instructions. Also, nothing interesting on the upgrade. They did add all my favorites to the map with a small round dot but most aren't labelled so you'll have to mouse over or zoom in to see what they are. So far it's just some streets and POI's added. Was hoping for an altitude option :( That's always cool when I'm in the mountains.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Is this a new upgrade that is recent or is this the old upgrade from last winter?
Its the latest update, I just installed mine about 2 months ago and it installed without any problems. I seem to notice more detail with rivers, little cities and even creeks and different zoom levels. I am wondering if they will continue to upgrade even further next year. It did update more streets in the area that weren't there before. :thumbup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
That is a good question. What is the version number on it. Give us some more detail about it. Where did you get it? How did you get it?

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I updated my 08 for 99 dollars. This update came out about a year ago but they had problems with it. They finally got it right after they sent out cards through the mail about 6 months ago. Look up the threads pertaining to this, there is alot of them. Mind was just an SD card exchange update.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Version 2011? Darn sad since the latest Garmin City Navigator North America NT version is 2013.30...!

Do they intend to keep selling out-of-date version for $99 -- irresponsible at best.

For those that think this is just a Garmin-hater commenting, I'm in fact a Garmin long-time (15+ years) user and still believe Garmin is still the best GPS available -- and their Tech Support is excellent.

YMMV...!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts