GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unfamiliar with this type of forum site.

The navigation is confusing to me. For instance, if I have several responses to a post, how do I designate my response to a certain poster?
Right now I'm just hitting the reply button at the bottom of the thread.

I'm lost.

·
Registered
552 Posts
That's pretty much it, but you can hit the 'Quote' button on that particular message to reference in your reply

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
HD Denny said:

I'm lost.
You can also hit the quote button, cut out the parts of the text that don't apply, and type in your response.

MnXWinger said:
That's pretty much it, but you can hit the 'Quote' button on that particular message to reference in your reply
And if you want to respond to multiple posts with one reply, get used to the cut and paste features in Windows.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
HD Denny said:
I am unfamiliar with this type of forum site.

The navigation is confusing to me. For instance, if I have several responses to a post, how do I designate my response to a certain poster?

I'm lost.
Then with a couple of windows open you can address/quote multiple posters.

MnXWinger said:

Dorian_Blue said:
[quote="HD Denny":18adf1dy]

I'm lost.
You can also hit the quote button, cut out the parts of the text that don't apply, and type in your response.

MnXWinger said:
And if you want to respond to multiple posts with one reply, get used to the cut and paste features in Windows.[/quote:18adf1dy]

Like that!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Or.....if you want to direct a mesage to the specific poster.....youcan use the buttons at the bottom of each post beside the red words "Back To The Top" .......PM, Email, Profile, www., etc.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
steve s said:
Or.....if you want to direct a mesage to the specific poster.....youcan use the buttons at the bottom of each post beside the red words "Back To The Top" .......PM, Email, Profile, www., etc.
Just had to try your www., to see what would happen, There is only one word to describe that. WOW, Never saw anything that beautiful in my life before. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Jolly Jim said:
www.[/url], etc.
Just had to try your www., to see what would happen, There is only one word to describe that. WOW, Never saw anything that beautiful in my life before. :twisted:[/quote:2da8dyur]

Sorry....just threw in the three letters as an example to the poster. Got a good chuckle out of your response though... :lol: I didn't even realize it was working........well not really working!!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Use the Quote button as stated but before you hit SUBMIT you can hit PREVIEW to see how it will look. Also after you have hit submit you have a short time you can edit or delete your post in the upper right hand corner.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Have you tried the support and testing board to play around and see what happens?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts