GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Canada and I am trying to set my home destination. Somehow I have the country listed as California. How do I delete it and when I try to type in Canada it immediately enters California.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Don’t type Canada, put in your province.

Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
I live in Canada and I am trying to set my home destination. Somehow I have the country listed as California. How do I delete it and when I try to type in Canada it immediately enters California.
As you've likely found from above,
where it says Country/State, it really should say Province/State.

When you enter MA, Manitoba will be in the list for you to select.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I got my address installed but I have a gas station at the end of the street as my go home. How do I delete that and make my home address as my go home. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Sometimes it's easier to just hit the reset button and start over.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks I got my address installed but I have a gas station at the end of the street as my go home. How do I delete that and make my home address as my go home. Thanks for your help.
Leave it as the gas station that way if the bike is stolen they can't find your home and use garage door opener to open your garage and gain access to your house.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Did you get it done?

Any destination that is in the GPS as a previous find can easily been changed to Home (great for when you've gone to a temporary location and want to be able to get back to the campgrounds/motel/house etc).

Home>Navigation>
Find the desired location
Enter>set to home

Or you can set the location to be a favorite.
Max 30 favorites.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you can believe that Honda actually reads this forum then they have to know that the vast majority of owners think the nav system on this bike is totally useless. And they dont care! I did the update and now my nav has gone from bad to a novellty entertainment attraction. It has no idea where it is almost all of the time. Tried reloading the update, same thing.
Unless we have had the magnetic pole reversal of the planet early, I dont think north is now southeast, but the bike does. Also, I am pretty sure I cant ride any type of bike in the middle of Lake Huron, which is where it thought I was yesterday! What an incredible piece of crap! And no, I shouldnt have to rely on an aftermarket gps nav system. If I did, then why bother putting one in the bike at all?
The paint sucks too!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
If you can believe that Honda actually reads this forum then they have to know that the vast majority of owners think the nav system on this bike is totally useless. And they dont care! I did the update and now my nav has gone from bad to a novellty entertainment attraction. It has no idea where it is almost all of the time. Tried reloading the update, same thing.
Unless we have had the magnetic pole reversal of the planet early, I dont think north is now southeast, but the bike does. Also, I am pretty sure I cant ride any type of bike in the middle of Lake Huron, which is where it thought I was yesterday! What an incredible piece of crap! And no, I shouldnt have to rely on an aftermarket gps nav system. If I did, then why bother putting one in the bike at all?
The paint sucks too!
sounds like something's wrong with your unit. mine works as intended.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The paint sucks too!

Gee this is really weird my nav system works great no problems at all.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
The paint sucks too!
There is a setting for orientation.

North up
Heading up
Heading up 3D

What have you selected? Sounds like it's heading up.

Zoomed in to a reasonable scale, I've never had mine indicate I was in Huron, even at the turn-around/parking at the beach at Grand Bend and along #21.

·
Registered
139 Posts
rev is HG ACM 18.11.29.08.16.00
I am in 3d up but it should work in any mode, otherwise why have modes? When it had me in the middle of the lake I was going down a highway near Mt. Forest, On which is nowhere even close..

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
rev is HG ACM 18.11.29.08.16.00
I am in 3d up but it should work in any mode, otherwise why have modes? When it had me in the middle of the lake I was going down a highway near Mt. Forest, On which is nowhere even close..
3d heading up is telling it you don't care what direction is north.

In 'heading up or '3d heading up', 'Up' on the screen will always be the direction of travel.

That's the Jan revision, so not much point in re-loading.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts