GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Uh... title should be Nav update... blame autocorrect

Downloaded from powersports.honda.com/goldwingupdate.aspx

Formatted 32G thumb drive using NTFS file system and copied swdl.iso to the thumbdrive.

Inserted thumb drive into usb port in center pocket. Turned bike to acc

No question pop up asking if I wanted to upgrade occurred. Went straight to the downloading box.

When total download reached about 98% (nav at about 90%) bike beeps and everything blacks out, followed by normal start up screen.

At this point I unplugged the usb. Cycled to off and back to acc. Got a black screen with large letters. USB SWDL MODE. PLEASE WAIT WHILE RECOGNIZE USB DISK... Then in red letters: error: could not locate update ISO image.

Reinserted usb, went thru entire download again with the same results

Trying to reload s/w from honda site again, see if I had a bad download the first time.

Any insight?

I

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the very same experience. Two unsuccessful attempts, and then it worked on the third try - with no change in browser, drive format, etc. Never got the prompt asking if I wanted to download.
I have no advice - just wanted to confirm that it happened to me as well.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I had the very same experience. Two unsuccessful attempts, and then it worked on the third try - with no change in browser, drive format, etc. Never got the prompt asking if I wanted to download.
I have no advice - just wanted to confirm that it happened to me as well.
It always amuses me when someone uses that tired old saw that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Maybe that was true before technology.

Reactions: JF11

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I had problems with the first update similar to what you have described. I wonder if it is not just to many people trying to download at the same time. With the last update it reset all my user settings and I am still trying to sort out some of them. With trying to sell 2 houses and moving I have not had much time for riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts