GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope ya'll enjoy the show :lol:! Use highest resolution (1080p) if your device allows.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rattler ride

Thanks for the video. It reminded me and my wife of our ride on it last September! We spent a week at Maggie Valley and rode everyday on all those cool twisties in that area.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is that road?
NC 209 The Rattler. There are over 234 twists, turns and curves in the 36 mile ride from Lake Junaluska to Hot Springs North Carolina.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
We rode it a few years ago, but not that fast !!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I think I may have ridden that road before?:lol:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Dixie & I rode that road a couple years ago ... met a logging truck coming from the opposite direction "jake braking" and hauling a$$ around a downhill curve coming at us ... pucker factor #10 ... tossed the underwear ... :shrug:

GREAT ROAD !!! :thumbup: Great little restaurant in Hot Springs ... I'll have to find my pictures ...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I will be there in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Reminds me of Devils Highway in Arizona, except we have pine trees on either side and more twisties....

In the next several years I want to do an extended trip to the NC area in the RV with the GW to check out the riding and to see some NASCAR races.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I've been on this road several times in both directions, because once you get to Hot Springs the road straightens and is boring for the return ride to Maggie Valley/Waynesville where I then ride US-276 up and over the BRP.

Going back the same road in a different direction is almost like riding a different curvy road.......almost, but fun none-the-less!

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Aaaa, so many roads....

I'll be down there in another month. Will have to check it out. :thumbup:
thecruiser

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
​This year's SMRI includes a lunch run up to Hot Springs taking 209. Lunch is at the Smoky Mountain Diner.

·
Registered
479 Posts
We went up through there on 209 sat. too, then rode up 208 and 70 (not too steep, but you've got to pay attention as it follows property lines) and into Ky. stayed at Hazard a couple of days playing on Kentucky back roads, had a lot of fun!

·
Registered
924 Posts
niiiiiiiiice....love the curves.....beautiful green countryside....well everything is green compared to Qatar :)

jer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts