GL1800Riders Forums banner

Where should the Wingstock Mafia ride to on Sunday?

• NC (add restaurant location and DQ address)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SC (add restaurant location and DQ address)

• TN (add restaurant location and DQ address)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm in. You can go north and I will go south. You know ALL the good bbq places so just pick one. I would like to be home before it rain if possible. I hate to clean my wheels.

Charlie

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toyo said:
Isnt Sunday Xmas Eve? You guys are nuts. However with me being as demented as yall I will check with the ol lady. This should go over well!
If you had a Cooper S you could take the whole family...

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
My wife's honey-do list has me staying off my Wing thru Christmas :cry:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
list

trialsman said:
My wife's honey-do list has me staying off my Wing thru Christmas :cry:
She must have gotten a fax from my wife, please send all inquiries to Myrtle!

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only 2 votes with all those views? Looks like NC is winning.
I 've gone on a Christmas Ride for 20 years in a row...
There's always the Carolina Smokehouse in Cashiers again; great pork.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked to Paul and Charlie yesterday.

Anybody wanting to ride with us meet at the BP station on 575 @ exit 20 @ 0745; rolling by 0800.
Stop at the gas station on US-64 in Murphy, NC by the intersection of US-129/19 (etc) where we meet charlie and anybody else from NC or TN.
Continue from there to Carolina Smokehouse in Cashiers, NC.
If anybody wants to meet us at the bar-b-que, just be at the Smokehouse at noon or so.
No rules, just eat and ride.
After the feast, a nice little spin in the twisties to celebrate the Virgin Birth.

Merry Christmas to all!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hey Bill,

Was it you, Trailsman or someone putting together a New Years Day ride? If so, is it still on?

The wife and I had words over me making the ride today. She used all her words, I didn't get to use any of mine :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
So, you will still be in doghouse ,there will be no Xmas present in the morning!!! :evil:
You will have to wait 365 more days before you can open your present next year!!!! :twisted:
shame on you ,brother!!! :cry:
anyway have a merry xmas and happy new year
edmund

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alabama IronButt said:
Hey Bill,

Was it you, Trailsman or someone putting together a New Years Day ride? If so, is it still on?

The wife and I had words over me making the ride today. She used all her words, I didn't get to use any of mine :)
Paul and TN Charlie were talking about that; my family will be in town and I'll be Coopering instead of riding.

We had a great ride today, BTW. Charlie came down from TN and WeeKneeDragger came up from SC. Paul, Mirtes, & I rode up from GA and we attacked the Carolina Smokehouse --- it was almost deserted there.
On the way back we ran into Rick M and Janis; I guess that they waited for the fog to lift before setting out.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Alabama Irobutt,

I talked about it but nothing concrte was done with it. As far as I know, nothing planned in the South.

Hope to meet sometime..

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Well.......sorry we missed it today gents. We always do Christmas Eve at grandmaws.

Hope you guys had fun............BTW......we're open for a New Years Day ride......keep us posted.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry we missed lunch with you all. We would have liked to have met WeKneeDragger and TNCharlie. You guys must have ate fast! I think it was 12:45 when we got there. Or maybe you got there early.

We didn't leave the house until 9:30... and then after stopping for a break... and then for directions at the NC Welcome Center... and then.... well you get the idea.

We stopped in Highlands on the way home for some of that expensive ice cream at Sweet Treats.

It was a nice 270 mile day. And I got to show Janis that stretch of Hwy 64 that has the rock cliffs and big drop-off with the waterfall. We will definetly be going back when we have more time to take pictures.

Rick

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was going home, south bound, and my bike kept wanting to

north. I left the gang after we had some good bar-b-que and I took 107 south out of Cashiers. Got all the way to Wallhala, the bike did a hard right turn on 28 north and before I knew it, I was all the way back at Highlands. 8)
28 is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
I took 28 back and got home safe and sound but with a bigger grin on the face :lol: Enjoyed the ride and the company at lunch.
thanks, Mike

·
Registered
501 Posts
I took some pics last weekend on 64

this is called dry falls, u can walk completely underneath it and stay pretty dry

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool pictures, WeKnee; thanks again for remembering the camera.

Rick, we did get there early even though we were riding slow. We were so proud of you for finding your way there --- and then you go and admit that you had to ask for directions... :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts