GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed these, I haven't seen anyone else post the silver so thought I would.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Are the tip over bars part of the setup? Where did they come from?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks good Bob. Do the comfort bars feel pretty stout? The pegs look like they have quite a bit of adjustability.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I am talking about the metal loop the pegs are mounted on.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good Bob. Do the comfort bars feel pretty stout? The pegs look like they have quite a bit of adjustability.
Yes they are very solid, I like the extra protection they afford, there are plenty of mounting options for any inseam length.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow I find it hard to believe that the silver paint is $200 more then black paint.
I paid 389.00 to the door, they are pricey but by the time I would have bought all black foot pegs parts I needed I would have spent more. The coating is not silver paint but some sort of really hard plating, the 1" clamps do not affect it at all. As a footnote I spent close to 600.00 on my K1600 for front and rear crash bars just to get some level of tip over protection.

Reactions: eddiedial

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I'm sure riding, longer distances will be much easier now........

I have them on my 2010..love "em"

Ronnie

·
Registered
222 Posts
I paid 389.00 to the door, they are pricey but by the time I would have bought all black foot pegs parts I needed I would have spent more. The coating is not silver paint but some sort of really hard plating, the 1" clamps do not affect it at all. As a footnote I spent close to 600.00 on my K1600 for front and rear crash bars just to get some level of tip over protection.
On wing stuff web site the silver ones are $469 and the black ones are $279. And on that link you shared there price is $489. Where did you get yours?
They do look nice and i do like kurakyn pegs and i already have a set just like yours. I have the rivco's on there right now but i will be changing them after i get my RDL seat paid off.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On wing stuff web site the silver ones are $469 and the black ones are $279. And on that link you shared there price is $489. Where did you get yours?
They do look nice and i do like kurakyn pegs and i already have a set just like yours. I have the rivco's on there right now but i will be changing them after i get my RDL seat paid off.

PM sent:grin2:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both I would say

·
Registered
235 Posts
Russell, how do you like the Russell Day long saddle, I had one on my '04 ST 1300, (great seat) but I was too impatient to wait so I got the Ultimate tall boy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a set of these in Black for sale for $220 includes free shipping if anyone is interested.
I wish they made them without the peg mount. I'd buy yours if so. My inseam is about 28" so these are way to far out for me. I have the GoldStrike pegs adjusted toward the back and it's about as far as i could reach comfortably.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts