GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding yesterday with two Harleys and a Hayabusa. The Busa was leading thru some twisties (duh) and twice we met a couple sport bikes guys who waved at the Busa and then, accicdently, I suppose, kept waving at us. Can you imagine the horror of waving at two Harleys and a Gold Wing, especially in front of their bud? The guys must have gone home and cut off their hand or maybe even their whole arm! The Horror of it all! :shock:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I guess I'm lucky where I live as most bikers regardless of the bike they ride wave. I actualy get tired of it my self. The only people that don't wave are the Harley riders that belong to the free souls. Or the Harley riders that are fairly hard core and riding in a group. The wanabe's almost allways wave.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Hey man ease up on those poor squids. For me they've got some of the best skills are the most fun to ride with usually.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I sure wouldn't question the skills of a lot of the sport bike riders, I just think that who does and who doesn't wave is kind of funny. Around here, sport bike riders almost NEVER wave to a Harley or Gold Wing. When I ride my Ultra(also known as a geezer-glide), other Harley riders would rather die than wave cause I wear the same full-face helmet I wear on the Gold Wing - really NOT cool. If I wear a half-helmet, then, of course, I get the requisite wave. I'm also surprised at how many GW riders don't wave at others on a GW- what's up with that?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Had a sport bike rider wave @ me just today on rt. 211 just past the entrance to Skyline Dr..
He was riding backwards,front wheel in the air,going about 50 mph, with BOTH hands waving in the air. 8)
Some of these guys are REALLY good!!!
the hobo

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, KA7W, real bikers know that real motorcycles only come in black.
:D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nah Smitty, real motorcycles come in different colors....for other than true motorcyclist to confuse themself with!

Here in the south almost all riders wave at each other. The Harley 1%'s won't often wave...especially if not alone. Guess they do not want to take the flack for waving at "straights" :oops: ... sorta sensitive to peer pressure, hummmm; maybe that is why they like theirs so loud! LMAO

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I feel that the reason many of today's "riders" :roll: don't wave is....
they did not pay attention to the choreographer that taught them how to "pose" properly, when the chapter on "while in motion" was covered.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
a lot of bikers have such a week wave, like 2 finger moving off the grip for less than a second, they might be waving but no one knows for sure

·
Registered
256 Posts
I dont wave all the time, sometimes I dont even see the other person till its too late. Not everyone is dissing you or a 1% blah, blah blah if they dont wave.....And it is amazing how many Wingers wont wave back when I am on my Harley.... :roll:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I try to wave at every one, i don/t care what you ride. I ride with a group with harley.s, kawa's,honda's, sport bikes we don't care what you ride. Just put your knees in the breeze and have fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts