GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how many would be interested in a neck cooler? This is the type that you can add ice and Velcro around your neck. Thus keeping you cooler in the higher temps.

Type of material would be Terry cloth. Long enough to add enough ice for at least an hour of two while riding.

Just curious if this would be something you would use, if it was available.

Thanks!

·
Registered
630 Posts
We've tried a couple different neck coolers and found cooling vests to be much more effective for us.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Get a "CHILLY PAD" from Frogg Toggs ... holds lots of water ... nice & cool.

·
Registered
889 Posts
We use the ones from Silver Eagle in conjunction with the cool vests they also sell. I would not care for one that holds ice ... plain water soaked is just fine, and can be rehydrated as needed. To cold against the skin is just as bad as not having anything for protection, IMO, especially around one's neck!

We use the neck coolers first, before it gets really hot, then add the vests and use both during the hottest times of the day. Works well for us ... where we live and ride, if you don't ride in the heat and wind, you don't ride much!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
We use the ones from wal mart that are a bit wider they work well then when it gets real hot we have both a vest that is wet down and also the ones that just lay on your shoulders and for some reason don't get you wet not sure what they are called but work well and last longer than a tank of fuel even when it's humid. I don't like the idea of ice either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts