GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a battery for my '08 ABS. Does anyone know of a sale or a deal on a Yuasa or other good battery for this bike?

Johnny S

·
IronMan
17,672 Posts
TRY GOOGLE IT THEN TRY AMAZON USUALLY BOTTOM OF PAIGE WILL SHOW MORE OPTIONS

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Always get the one that you put the acid in not the pre charged ones. You know it's fresh then.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
That's a good price (y)
I'd like to go with my local deal'rr BUT they cannot even touch that price...SO it's either they (dealer) make alot of money on you, OR you (consumer) save that money...How far can being loyal to a dealership can you go???

Ronnie

·
Registered
449 Posts
I bought my last battery at my local dealer. Not the greatest price, but competitive (around $100). I received a battery of known quality that fits the bike, is fully charged and ready to use. The dealer will also take the old battery for disposal. The convenience of not having to return the battery because the terminals are in the wrong position or it won't fit in the battery tray, messing with the acid, and the comfort of knowing the proper battery is properly charged and installed is well worth the cost to me.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I ordered a “pre charged” battery from a an Amazon site. The battery had a date when it was filled/charged. A few days before shipping

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't even have a 'local' dealer. The Sherman Honda dealer is a Polaris dealer and carries very few Honda 4 wheelers and almost no bikes.
J S

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a good price (y)
I'd like to go with my local deal'rr BUT they cannot even touch that price...SO it's either they (dealer) make alot of money on you, OR you (consumer) save that money...How far can being loyal to a dealership can you go???

Ronnie
You are the one who complained when your local trike shop closed up.
If you don't support your local Dealer they go belly up.
That's how businesses operate.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
In the Yuasa world, the '-BS' indicates the acid is 'Bottle Supplied'.

The GYZ series is not available as a '-BS'.
The YTX series was the 'factory' battery for GL1800 until the GYZ series was released.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts