GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
02 Yellow GL1800
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a project with my wing and I need to see which wires go to what on the left side control. I won't be using it on the bike, just tearing it apart to see what's connected where. Free plus shipping (or local pickup if you are north midwest) would be my pricing preference if you've got a broken one just laying about in the shop.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
does a wiring diagram not work for you?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,985 Posts
Starting a project with my wing and I need to see which wires go to what on the left side control. I won't be using it on the bike, just tearing it apart to see what's connected where. Free plus shipping (or local pickup if you are north midwest) would be my pricing preference if you've got a broken one just laying about in the shop.
If you get one, it needs to be an 01-03 version, the 04 and later versions are different due to the addition of the control lighting added to the 04 and later models.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I might have what your looking for. I'll check when I get back into town next week.

·
Registered
735 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If you get one, it needs to be an 01-03 version, the 04 and later versions are different due to the addition of the control lighting added to the 04 and later models.
Techdude…. Are the wiring schemes/layouts different or did they just leave out the lighting on the early connectors? I have a set of switches I was going to refresh for use on my ‘01, but I have no idea what year or gen they are associated with…

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
This is what I have. Can't guarantee everything is there. Shipping plus lunch funds. Email me at [email protected]
Salivating over that pile of parts treasures. If lunch and shipping isn’t in the proper price range for the OP, I’d like to buy your lunch….

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,985 Posts
Techdude…. Are the wiring schemes/layouts different or did they just leave out the lighting on the early connectors? I have a set of switches I was going to refresh for use on my ‘01, but I have no idea what year or gen they are associated with…
The wiring layout is slightly different. They did add the wires for the lights, but they relocated some wires so the years aren’t cross compatible. The 01-03 are the same and the 04-05 are the same, but they wont work across the 03 to 04 changes. You can pull the switch pod apart and look for the lights, if they’re in there, it’s at least an 04 and possibly the 05 version or newer. No lights would mean it’s one of the first three model years and should work fine for the 01-03 bikes. In the following diagram, notice C22 under the front brake light switch. There’s two different PIN numbers and the parenthesis around 01-03. That indicates it’s pin 16 for the 01-03 and pin 18 for the 04-05 models. This shows up randomly with the control pods harness plugs.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Salivating over that pile of parts treasures. If lunch and shipping isn’t in the proper price range for the OP, I’d like to buy your lunch….
Revrunt, it's been 22 days and I haven't heard anything from Yellow1inRapid so if your interested message me your address and I'll get them out to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts