GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I broke something in the driveline on my 2001 & need a GOOD!!!.dealer around millwaukee!!! I think it is driveshaft (Ujoints) or the rear end(hopefully) BUT someone on here before has broken a rear drive transmission part! :cry: :cry: :cry: .I have the extended warranty we will see what happens...chuck :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
21,053 Posts
http://www.madcitypowersports.com/

not in Milwaukee but only 80 miles away, u can see the place from I 90-94 at the junction with 151 on the north side

talk to Stewart, he is the head of service and a square shooter, i used to take my 2001 to him for warranty work and he always treated me very well

YIKES i hope warranty covers it, sounds expensive, if warranty will cover it Stewart knows how to get it, lots of dealers just don't know the warranty ropes and if the owner is willing to pay its easier for them to just take your money so thats what they do

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
414 Posts
Chuck,
I haven't had a lot of luck with the dealers in Milwaukee. I usually use the one on the north side, Southeast Sales but had a few problems. On the south side I used Sportland 2 on the fork seal problem. They just assumed it was wear and won't even call Honda about warranty until I made a lot of noise. On the west side Don and Roy's, I haven't heard much about them.
I would probably follow cycledude's suggestion of Madison. Anything I can do to help. 414-543-6601
Gene

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Well....I'll give a plug for my local dealer......

Rob's Performance Motorsports
601 CTY Hwy Y
Johnson Creek, WI 53038

ph. 920-699-3288

They are located halfway between Milwaukee and Madison, about 1 mile south of I-94 at the hwy 26 exit.

They run a great business and have treated me right.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
the milwaukee area dealers are pond scum

stuart in madison has been wrenching for me for many years, hes a straight shooter

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I would echo the ones in favor of Stuart.

I have not used him for some time as I now go to Beaver Dam Honda and can attest to the quality of their work.

But from past experiance with Stuart you will not have a problem.

·
Registered
167 Posts
He is not a dealer, but I have had very good luck with him. The Cycletech in Milton, WI. 608-868-5445

·
Registered
763 Posts
I agree with WI Winger, Cedar Creek. They do good work and tell it like it is. I bought my '04 from this dealership after six months of lookings around. Good people to work with and have in your corner. Ask for the people that WI Winger mention. I'm not sure, but I think they can pick up your Wing and take it back to their dealership, make a call and check it out.

EZ Reiter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts