1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Pit Bull

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I would like to have a table lift, but when I grow up I am going to get a Pit Bull. I think that this option would be better for me. I have limited room and not alot of different things to put up on a lift. I have a Sears lift and it does alright, but I just want the peace of mind and a little better in the stabilty department. I know Bulldawg sells them at a great price. He is going to love when I send him all of my rolled pennies for one. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Harbor Freight has their table lift (manual lift, foot pump) on sale right now for $299. I like my Sears lift with the adapter made from the Valkyrie board, very stable.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Bulldog said:
Don't forget that you have to pay the freight on them pennies...LOL

Dawg
I figured that we would trade off shipping expensives, which is something I have been meaning to talk to you about. I figure you could pay to shipping to me, which I pay for the fee of wrapping the pennies and shipping them to you. But if not, I guess I better get to rolling more and more pennies for you to take to the bank.

Have a good one there Dawg. May all you sales go easier than mine. :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
This is a 3 pete Msg:

OK here we go:

As many of you know, I sell Pitbull lifts and provide a very good price to board members. This is not an advertisement for me.

I own both the Handylift platform lift with 13" front extension, 12" side extensions etc. Very costly. When i first got this lift, I was a proud daddy. I was just like the bike shops, big, proud and mean.

Then I bought a cheap small, frame lift (Sears) regrettably. I then purchased a used Pitbull off of this board and have never looked back.

Here are some differences by comparison. I use the frame lift about 20 times a week for customers and my bike. I use the Plate lift two times a year. Once for winter storage and once for summer storage.

The Frame lift allows you to get underneath the bike entirely, for work and inspection. The plate lift only raises the bike off the floor to make it easier to clean.

Changing oil/filter on the plate lift, is not much different than doing it on the floor of the garage. The plate restricts your space and view, much the same as any floor would, no matter how high you have the bike lifted.

Pulling front and rear wheels can be done on a plate lift, but not anywhere near the ease of a frame lift.

Frame lift takes very little foot print of the garage space. Plate lift takes up the best part of a bay.

Very easy to situate bike and lift it with a frame lift, not so with the plate lift. It can be very daunting to put a bike up on a plate lift by yourself. Especially for us height challenged folks.

If I could do it all over again, I would never have purchased either the cheap Sears frame lift nor the HandyLift.

Bulldog

G

·
Sorry Bulldog but your conflict of interest shows pretty obviously in this post. Ask or look in 99.9% of the motorcycle shops in North America and you will see the table lifts .
I can do EXACTLY everything you claim only the "pitbull" style of lift will let you do, with 100 % more stability then you will ever get on yours , and yet some .

But hey to each his own , just let that Wing get off balance once , you will never forget it . :shock: :shock:
I figure a $20,000 motorcycle is worth more then just a $75 jack . IMHO of course . :D :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Strider,

You are all over me today. Seems you could figure a better way to disagree. What $75 jack are you talking about? Or did you not read the post or know enough about what we are talking about? And still decided that you must comment.

I own and use both a HandyLift and Pitbull. What is your real life experience?

You have a great day up there in BC.

If ya get time to come south, drop in and we can share a soft drink. And I will even show you some NY hospitality coupled with mutual respect.

Bulldog

G

·
Bulldog just razzing ya,
:a13:
Us Canucks have a rep for that :lol:

I will take you up on the cola for sure though !

·
Registered
241 Posts
Pit Bull rules!

·
Registered
108 Posts
bike lift

I have a pit bull I tried a less expensive one and was not satisfied
pit bull is not the cheapest . john[/i]

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Steve and Linda Woughter said:
Harbor Freight has their table lift (manual lift, foot pump) on sale right now for $299. I like my Sears lift with the adapter made from the Valkyrie board, very stable.
Tell us more about this adaptor, many here including me have the Craftsman lift. Pictures would be great also.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
BigBird05 said:
Can anyone recommend a good quality, moderately priced motorcycle lift?
Pitbull's are probably the best in their class. Unfortunately, they're not "moderately" priced. I have a Sears lift that I paid $60 brand new on sale. In fact, the bikes been up on it since Christmas - finally got all the parts I need to put it back together. The bike does "rock" on it just a bit, but it would take a lot of force for it to fall off. I don't even bother with tie downs anymore. If I were to roll it around I would use the tie downs, but just sitting in one place no tie downs are necessary. The hydraulic action is also quite smooth, both up and down, for such an inexpensive lift.

Hope you find the one you'll be happy with.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Steve and Linda Woughter said:
Can you give us a better idea of what this adaptor is and what it looks like, maybe a site to go to on the Valkyrie board. A picture of yours would help also.

I'm not a mechanic and my bikes not on the lift much, but for oil/ tire changes and wheel polishing it's essential. The extra stability would be very comforting.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I just emailed the guy that makes that adaptor and this is his reply.

Sorry this is for the Valkyrie only. I think you may be able to use a m/c lift on the wing without an adapter. If it will raise directly on the frame. The exhaust is in the way on the Valk is why it needs an adapter. Thanks Gary
So this may not be the one Steve was talking about above.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Bulldog said:
This is a 3 pete Msg:
I then purchased a used Pitbull off of this board and have never looked back.
Bulldog
AW...Dog, you just like the Pitbull cuz you share the same middle name.:roll:
Luther Bull Dog
......Pit Bull Lift
:lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
My son has a Pitbull.

Nice dog!! Deuce is his name . . .

:lol: