GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this 1978 1000 GL on Craigslist, it is local and I am trying to get set up to look at it in person.
Guy is asking $250.00

Any initial gut feelings??
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, looked at it and passed, engine is locked up, gas tank full of rust radiator patched, more work than I have time for.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I’ve got one in my garage, with a nearly complete set of plastic spares you can have for that, running a few months ago, with nearly all the parts to make it road worthy. (Head gaskets, choke cable, seat cover, spare titled frame, motor parts....)

Come get it. It’s in Nebraska though....?

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Never mind, looked at it and passed, engine is locked up, gas tank full of rust radiator patched, more work than I have time for.
If you’re bored Steve I have plenty of projects, motorcycle and non motorcycle related. Come on down! Kidding, not kidding...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve got one in my garage, with a nearly complete set of plastic spares you can have for that, running a few months ago, with nearly all the parts to make it road worthy. (Head gaskets, choke cable, seat cover, spare titled frame, motor parts....)

Come get it. It’s in Nebraska though....��

:thumbup:
Well next time I am in NE I will have to look you up.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you’re bored Steve I have plenty of projects, motorcycle and non motorcycle related. Come on down! Kidding, not kidding...
Thanks, good to know, when I get that bored, I will let you know.

Reactions: revrunt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts