GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great day! So it's foggy and rainy, but, I picked up my new air operated Pit Bull Motorcycle Jack from Bulldog (Hitt-N-Miss) today. Up to now I used a jack bought from Pep Boys, a $59. special for my '83 wing and more recently VTX 1800. Sure, the jack worked but nothing can compare to the Pit Bull for quality. This past summer I acquired a '99 Valkyrie. Pit Bull offers a special adapter for lifting the Valk. A match made in motorcycle heaven. For the serious motorcyclist, this is THE top of the line accessory.

And what can I say about Bulldog but that his customer service and positive approach is the best around. My new garage has its first fine piece of equipment. Thanks, Bulldog. :D

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Hey, I am sure Bulldog told him about this site. If the guy is happy with his new lift then he should toot his horn. I would also like to get one of those air lifts, the only thing keeping me from doing so is the cost compared to buying a table lift. Just have to find room for one or both. My Sears lift does its job and I keep seeing a ZX14 Connie in my dreams. LOL's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first post here as I've been mostly on the VTX board but my Valk has more recently added to my interests. Ergo, my first post here. Everyone has had a first at anything. But I am Very excited about the Pit Bull.

I've done wooden planks, C-clamps to change tires, lots of shade tree stuff, and finally decided to make a small part of my life a little easier at least on the knees and back. Hey, its only money, time takes care of the rest. Anybody need/want a Pep Boy's lift?

·
Registered
732 Posts
hilf wrote:
I picked up my new air operated Pit Bull Motorcycle Jack from Bulldog (Hitt-N-Miss) today.
And what can I say about Bulldog but that his customer service and positive approach is the best around. My new garage has its first fine piece of equipment. Thanks, Bulldog.
Ditto on what hilf says.....great piece of equipment and Bulldogs customer service is second to none.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
FYI
Just noticed today that Harbor Frieght has a full bike lift, like the ones the Honda techs use, on sale for 300 bucks.

1000 lbs capacity, foot operated, normally 400. Thinking hard about getting one.

·
Registered
430 Posts
trialsman said:
FYI
Just noticed today that Harbor Frieght has a full bike lift, like the ones the Honda techs use, on sale for 300 bucks.

1000 lbs capacity, foot operated, normally 400. Thinking hard about getting one.
I bought one a while back, but never used it. I was running out of room in the garage and discovered that I couldn't park my car over it. But I sold it to a fella here in Denver and he said that he absolutely loves it.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hilf and Silver Meteor,

Thanks for the Kudos. The reason my service was so good for both of you, is that you are easy to work with.

As for Hilfs first or second post, he is no stranger to this board nor this community. Hilf was our Keyboard player at the first official Cats-Cade. Oh yeah, forgot to mention another little fact. Hilf also owns a GoldWing

Hilf, Welcome to the Wing (only?) board. Hilf I would like to introduce you to Zonker, Zonker to Hilf.

Bulldog

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't forgotten about the beautiful '83 wing, just don't ride it these days. I had many excellent trips before the new ones. Thanks for the reminder, Dawg.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I remember him, I think. We rode back from the restaurant kind of with each other until I got impatient with another car driver. He was on an old wing or a shadow or maybe I really can't remember. I have slept since then. Short nice fella. Met him again the next day at the shelter with his wife.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny how road related memories remain. I remember riding back from the restaurant and staying behind a couple cars and a some kind of motor scooter. then you passed and were on your way. I was riding my VTX. I live close by so decided that there ws no hurry for me. Cats-Cade was definitely a fun time. Hope to see you at the next one.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Fast Fred,

Airlift is $545 + $75 UPS shipping to your door. (Lifts weigh 110 lbs)

Manual is $400 + $75 UPS shipping.

Adaptors for these lifts to accommodate other bikes (Valkyrie, V-Stars , Shadows, etc) are available for a slight charge. For the Harley crowd, a distinct lift is available for the Dyna's.

Lifts are guaranteed for life. Jacks for one year (+ wink)

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I did not know Bulldog was selling lifts. Next thing he will be selling is tires. :D Prices look good and when it comes time for me to order, I know who to call now. Hey Dawg, do you sell any of the other accessories PitBull carries? I see they offer jack stands and other items now. I just wonder if the jack stands can support the weight of the wing, as I did not see a limit on it.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Bulldog said:
Steve,

All Pitbull products are available.

Yes the Motorcycle Dolly, does support the Wing.

Bulldog
Thanks for answering the question. I was wondering about those and I do like the idea of the table turn. I think the table turn would be the one to get. But I wonder about the stability of it when changing tires. This is one reason I have never taken the tires off myself with the sears lift I have now. I just watched demo 3 and it has a goldwing on the turntable. They seem to be turning the wing slower than the other 2 harleys. I now see more of what it is. Kewl. It works along with the lift. I thought it worked seperate from the lift. Instead of the big hany version table lift, I want one of these. I have already added them to my wish list. Now just looking for free shipping. HA HA HA

Here is the site I have been looking at these products:
http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/Products.htm

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Hey Dawg,

Did yoo get my last email about the lift and such. I responded to the one in regard to the stands. Thanks

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Bulldog said:
Hilf and Silver Meteor,

Thanks for the Kudos. The reason my service was so good for both of you, is that you are easy to work with.

As for Hilfs first or second post, he is no stranger to this board nor this community. Hilf was our Keyboard player at the first official Cats-Cade. Oh yeah, forgot to mention another little fact. Hilf also owns a GoldWing

Hilf, Welcome to the Wing (only?) board. Hilf I would like to introduce you to Zonker, Zonker to Hilf.

Bulldog

Bulldog...Thanks for the introduction.

Hilf...Nice to meet you...sorry for jumping to conclusions!

I have a Pit Bull Air Assisted lift and LOVE IT!

You can now also get a "Turn Table" for it that works with the Wing. I saw it at Wing Ding.

(Copied from Pit Bull site)
NEW Pitbull Turn Table
Amazing NEW turn table now available for your standard manual or air Pitbull Motorcycle Lift. (Will not work with Dyna series.)
Rotate your motorcycle 360 degrees while up on the lift.
Gives you better access to your bike from all angles.
Allows you to position your motorcycle and place it in tighter spots in your garage while on your lift.
Rubberized top to aid in stability and protect the bikes frame.
It only adds a 1/4 inch to the Pitbull lift's overall height.
Replaces your existing table top, with existing bolts.
Turn table locks in two positions.
PATENT PENDING

Watson’s MFG, LLC is in no way, shape, or form responsible for lifting your motorcycle. You as the individual take complete responsibility for lifting your motorcycle and using the Turn Table. The Pitbull Turn Table was designed to be able to turn the bike while on the lift for better positioning while cleaning or storing. This Turn Table was designed to be used with motorcycles but it will not work on all makes, models, or brands. It was originally designed for motorcycles with frames that have nothing hanging below them & do not require adapters.Please call us for ANY questions concerning the use of our lifts with the Turn Tables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Zonker,

No problem. Since I met some of the Wing riders that associate with Bulldog I felt comfortable with joining in on the Wing board's fun. Although there are Valkyrie owners boards I feel more at home with the HDL sponsored sites since I've been contributing to the VTXOA for a couple of years.

Regarding the Pit Bull lift, I was so excited that I just had to express it and to note the pleasure I have in associating with Bulldog. I did look at the turntable and may consider it later on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts