GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2016 Goldwing, my first in 30 years. Much to like. I am told there is or should be a USB cable under the left pocket door that was put there from the factory, can anyone confirm this? I found the USB in the trunk but did not know about this one being there until today? Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance

·
Registered
172 Posts
My 07 and 12 have a cord for an earpiece on an MP3 or Iphone. On the 07 I had to remove the pocket and fish it out. I would think the 16 would be the same.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a 15 and there is no usb cable. There is a jack to plug into an ipod. Also, you can easily install a usb port for charging only, or a cig lighter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I also have a 2016.
The Left fairing pocket has a AUX input under the pocket its self. Also a 12v accessory plug.
The only USB plug is the ne you found in your trunk. I have a thumb drive with music plugged into that one.
There is also a SAE plug that goes to the battery on the left side of the bike not far from the battery. This is for a charger or other accessory.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The aux input connector in the left pocket is for any audio device that accepts a 3.5mm stereo audio jack.

The audio cable is referenced as AUX-1 while the USB connector in the truck is referenced as AUX-2. If you select AUX in the audio panel, you can press it once to get to which ever AUX (1 or 2) you were on last, and then press it again to switch to the other AUX (2 or 1).

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes, just a speaker jack on my 2015.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts