GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
thecruiser said:
I was in Best Buy looking at something else and wandered over to the GPS area and chatted with a salesman discovering they no longer carried the Zumo 550. He checked their warehouses and found one in stock and was willing to order it for me at the $491 price. Must have been one of the last ones in their stock.

NO ONE carries them in stock around here. Garmin novie's but no Zumo's. The nearest Bass Pro Shop is a couple hundred miles away.
So far, PCNation has the best price I'm finding at $554 and free shipping via USPS.
Larry

The 450 doesn't all the bells & whistles that I like.
I did consider the 650 or 660 (or what ever) but I stopped by Best Buy this morning. They still had mine so I bought it again and called Garmin and spoke with a guy named Steve Mock.

Because I had registered it three days after I bought it they had the record of even when it was first connected to satellites. After going some troubleshooting stuff, he said he'd send me a shipping label to return the defective unit. When they receive it they'll send me a NEW unit. Ya gatta like that!

LDimick, I read your accolades about Garmin to him. He said depending on the issue, sometimes they go beyond the regular warranty period to keep a happy customer happy. Said he was glad to help you. (Garmin was)

So I should be back in the pink soon. :yes:
Larry
Sorry, I thought the $491 was for a 550.

No, I wouldn't have wanted the 450 either.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry, I thought the $491 was for a 550.

No, I wouldn't have wanted the 450 either.
The $491 was the original price I paid for the 550, you are correct.
But Best Buy no longer carries (nor can get) the 550. I could buy for about the same price, a 450 online but after seeing the 550 I just couldn't see it. And after seeing the read up on the 660, if it was available I would have gotten that over the 550 also.

As it is, I was able to get my defective 550 back from Best Buy and Garmin sent me a shipping label to return it "for a brand new one".
Can't beat Garmin for customer service!
Larry

21 - 22 of 22 Posts