GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a new seat. The stock seat really cramps my legs and hurts my hip. My concern is that I am 6" and 250LBS. I have a 30" inseam. I have been looking at the Wingsoft. Any input here would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
Springbike.

If you go to my website you can read reviews. All of the reviews on that page were taken from this site. You are close enough that you can swing by Austin and take a demo seat for a week. Everyone is different, so take one for a long trip... I like the seats to sell themselves.

John

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Wingsoft is good for cushy comfort. Russell for a truly customized fit saddle that addresses all your comfort needs, height, inseam, weight, etc.

·
Registered
19,314 Posts
I like the stocker but if I didn't Wing Soft is the best bang for the buck. Tell him what you want and he will customize it. It is a Texas Company too. I know 2 riders who have had hm do their seats and both say it works for them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
seat

---Springbike. Iam having butt pains with my seat. I been really looking hard at the Hartco Pro Tour saddle. They custom fit it too. Talked to them 2xs now. Find them very polite and easy to talk with. Check out their web site. www.hartcoseats.com 8)

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Springbike

The vision of you being six inches tall and 250 lbs with a 30 inch inseam has me smiling.

Good luck on a seat !! :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am 6'4'' 240 pounds with a sore tail until I got my new seat.

I am liking my Corbin heated seat.

At $1,340 I guess I better keep telling myself that too.

It's HEATED.........

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Hal has some seats on the web page. Look really nice too. Got some for big guys, some for little guys, and some for really big wallet guys!! :shock:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I would try Wing Soft since it is so close and they are willing to let you take one on a long ride to prove it is the right choice. I had a Russel-Daylong saddle and I was thrilled with it. I am saving my pennys, no make that dollars, to afford one for my 2005.
http://www.day-long.com/

·
Registered
463 Posts
seat choice

I must be shaped like an engineer test dummy. I have put over 65k on my stock seat with no pains. I am 6 foot and 235 pounds with a 34 inch inseam. My stock seat fits so well that when a freind of mine replaced his oe I bought it so I could have a spare for when mine is worn out. Just lucky, I guess. Frank

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a Diamond seat I have had about 3 weeks and I like it alot. I ordereed it at a rally and they mesured my wife and I and made it based on our measuments and weight she likes it to.

·
Registered
392 Posts
John/Bike Solutions LLC said:
Springbike.

If you go to my website you can read reviews. All of the reviews on that page were taken from this site. You are close enough that you can swing by Austin and take a demo seat for a week. Everyone is different, so take one for a long trip... I like the seats to sell themselves.
John
Just out of curiosity just wondering do you at all ship a demo seat out if shipping was paid for? I've only put 800 miles on my new 07, but the reviews on your website and on this board really have me interested. I'm not sure I need to upgrade, but more comfort is always nice!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I'm going to give Wingsoft a try...

·
Registered
958 Posts
M
We dont ship demo seats. I have had a few problems in the past, and it was more trouble keeping track of them than it was worth. To be honest, I recommend you put more miles on your bike before you decide on a new seat. If you are comfortable on the stock one, consider yourself lucky. Making a few long trips is the best way to tell if a new seat is needed, and you will have a better idea of the problem areas.

John

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
springbike said:
Looks like I'm going to give Wingsoft a try...
Hey Todd,
After ya try it let me know what you think. Mine O.E. seat is a pain in the ____ too.
Terry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts