GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a right hand kick stand option for the wing?

I had my left ankle fused and the adapter I made will work till workmans comp gets the pingle installed its just a little scary with the kickstand sticking out a little when comming to a stop with the foot on the ground

Thanks for any help you guys can give

Jeff

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Jeff,
A pull behind trailer kickstand would work with a little ingenuity. Even a bicycle kickstand would work to stop it from blowing over to the right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eck I need to do away with the regular kickstand so I can get on from the right easier as well as make room for the bum left ankle

·
Registered
401 Posts
interesting problem...

But there are challenges to do this.
  • Other than the crash bars there is no place to put one without cutting away at the sheet metal.
  • It will have to be custom made by someone who understands your needs and the physical forces involved for the bike.

Here is a link for a custom made one.
http://youtu.be/xWEzjyt1pos

It looks like a trailer stand a bit.
...gene

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
But there are challenges to do this.
  • Other than the crash bars there is no place to put one without cutting away at the sheet metal.
  • It will have to be custom made by someone who understands your needs and the physical forces involved for the bike.

GeneDjr
If anyone has the wisdom to create a custom set up for most anything it would be Muffinman. I have known him for several years and he is quite sharp in the development of things.

Jeff,
Didn't know about your bum ankle.

I'm thinking in line of possibly removing the right foot rest, insert steel .080 thick steel / aluminum plate with same hole pattern as foot rest, then reinstall foot rest using longer attach bolts, then use the steel/aluminum plate as a base to connect a right side kick stand to. Would have to temporarily install a piece of cardboard / plastic as a base behind foot peg plate to see where kickstand will hit chrome exhaust cover, mark & drill hole in chrome cover and install a rubber stop for kickstand to rest on when in up position.

Using passenger foot rest area may be to far aft to hold bike upright during high winds.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
These repair pieces exist for an old Triumph Bonneville. $32/$40 on fleabay Search for <Triumph Kick Stand Lug> you'll get 5 to 10 vendors.

They work. If you look at the list of bikes in my signature you will know I speaketh from experience.

Have this attached to the bike, buy an old Triumph Bonneville Kick stand . . . and I'd imagine that'd do it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the ride off center stand trying to find someone close by that has one to see if I can get to it with the foot or move the foot piece to the right side

1 - 10 of 10 Posts