GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen where folks say you can get adapters for 4 pin trailer plug at U-Haul dealers. I checked with the only 2 in my area and they do not carry them.
Does anyone know a place I can buy one online? Or maybe somewhere like NAPA or AutoZone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Adapt from what?? From standard 7 wire plug like on trucks to 4 wire??? For that they make a plug that fits the socket and has the 4 pin built into the back of it. A little more info for what you need would help.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I was refering to an adapter from the 5 pin on my Wing to a 4 pin on the trailer.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Lowes, Home Depot, Auto Zone, etc., etc. stock such as this. Ace Hardware might as well.

·
Registered
734 Posts

I've found it nearly impossible to locate anything about five pin round connectons. The above diagram will let you combine the brake lights to left and right turn signal lights. You will need to buy what ever connectors needed then wire the adapter...

GOOD LUCK -- HAVE FUN !!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help! Have a safe and enjoyable 4th!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts

I've found it nearly impossible to locate anything about five pin round connectons. The above diagram will let you combine the brake lights to left and right turn signal lights. You will need to buy what ever connectors needed then wire the adapter...

GOOD LUCK -- HAVE FUN !!
This is about the only way to get it done; you wont find a 5 to 4 converter that deals with the 5 pin plug to 4 pin flat unless you build it. You can also get a Hoppy converter and wire the trailer side to the vehicle side of the converter, and do it that way. ( actually easer than building one from scratch ) but bulky

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
George got me wondering and I found that HOPPY makes a small inline that all you need to do is add connectors. Here's the link..

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...4&srccode=cii_10043468&cpncode=21-131797953-2
Yes-sir thats the one... I have used that one several times on different bikes, and made the inter connect for the 6 pin I had at the time to bring a trailer back I bought in So Tex. Add the trailer side to the vehicle side wiring, and a flat 4 to the other (vehicle side 4). Really ease to make and not to expensive. I didn't need the center of the 6 pin so I bought a trailer side 5 round. Works like a champ and is changeable in the vehicle side to what ever vehicle connector. :yes1: Wally World used to carry them, I haven't needed one in years, they may still I think they were just 9-10 bucks there.......

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've seen where folks say you can get adapters for 4 pin trailer plug at U-Haul dealers. I checked with the only 2 in my area and they do not carry them.
Does anyone know a place I can buy one online? Or maybe somewhere like NAPA or AutoZone?

Thanks!

etrailer.com ..... the trailer adapter page....!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts