GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asking dealers when to expect the '07's in the showroom. I get nothing but, well Honda is not telling us- they may be in in March- The airbag models are going quick- the first order has been shipped- the second order may come in in the "Spring" Stuff like that nothing concrete... so I go to my dealer and want to put down a deposit on a '07 red airbag model,, he says it should be in around March, I think perfect I will go ahead with the deal ... Calls me today......Who can guess what he said to me?????

1. Sorry but the Red '07's are all sold
2. The Red '07's do not come with airbag
3. the airbag model you ordered will not be in till late summer.
4. Good news your '07 will be here in BOSTON on NOVEMBER 15.

Now the question is do I take delivery knowing that I was just scammed or tell them to cancel and take my chances in the spring??

Matt(Ashland,MA) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
All in the same phone call the story changed that much? :?

I'd definitely cancel the order and go someplace else.

·
15 year Member
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mr.b said:
I'm guessin # 4..

If that's the bike you want, why not take it early?
Only because I did not want it until april-May and the Dealers around here at least work under this "Cloak of Secrecy" You can not get a straight out of them... Once you give them a deposit "POOF" instant answers... and they are always the wrong answer!!

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Matt-
At the 1st of every month, the dealers get their "allocations" from Honda as far as how many Wings they can order. Some dealers will get none and others will get 10 or more. All they have to do is order it around January or February and they should have it around April or May. Depending on how many orders are placed, this most generally is the case. Last year, certain models took 4-5 months to get in. Tell them to go ahead and sell that one and you'll wait for yours in April-May. Either that or see if they want to leave it in the crate. They were thinking that if it came in, you would be foaming at the mouth to get it right now. Don't let them tell you that they won't be able to get one for you later. As of right now there is no evidence that airbag models will be hard to get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
07 Wings

Just picked up my 07 last Saturday from Honda of Sumter. When I picked mine up they still had over 20 07 models in stock.

07 Dark Blue Metallic
03 Aspen Classic

"Just Wingin' It"

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Matt,

Laying out that kind of cabbage for a non-essential toy has rules.

Rule #1. Do not settle for anything that you do not want, no matter how close it is to your desires.

Rule #2. See rule #1.

Bulldog

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Bulldog said:
Matt,

Laying out that kind of cabbage for a non-essential toy has rules.

Rule #1. Do not settle for anything that you do not want, no matter how close it is to your desires.

Rule #2. See rule #1.

Bulldog
rules to live by

its your money and dream, dont listen to bullcookies

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I agree with Bulldog. Why would you consider buying less than what you want knowing how long you will have to keep it? What will make it worse is someone you ride with will show up on your bike and then you start to regret your purchase. I would see what Hal has coming in and when. It is far from you but Lakehill Motors in Corinth Miss will also tell you when and what they are expecting and will give you a good price. This is a lot of money so wait and get exactly what you want so you can enjoy it for years to come. I am not addressing the Dealer that starts out lying before the sale, I figure you should have already figured out to run from him. Good lucl and and enjoy it and post pictures.

·
15 year Member
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Talked to sales Manager today after reading sales person the insane riot act. For which I apologized for, they are going to keep my wing in the crate until march first, of whichI agreed to, I will start financing in January and parts and powder coating will be done in mid February. We worked it out. But the help and advice I got from this board was a factor in sealing the deal. Keeping calm and negotiating a fair deal. 25,500 for Airbag wing with chrome pass floorboards, foglights and chrome cowl, lower front cowl with heat vents to be powder coated, chrome Honda grips, cb w/ antenna, muffler tips, chrome side dohickies.. I had a price and they met it , no trade in.

Thanks to all who responded..

Matt(Ashland,MA) :p

·
Registered
255 Posts
Glad everything worked out. My dealer has 07's in stock but not what I wanted. The salesman got on the telephone and the bike I want will be here the first of November. I am going to add the CSC trike kit and it will be here about Thanksgiving so I should pick up my bike/trike the first week of December.

·
15 year Member
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
markj said:

Now you must give us all a ride, or we will drop the fleas of our camels onto you....
LOL That has to be the best picture I have found on the net to date... Look at the guy in the back he has light hair and looks like a surfer dude, I would bet that some studio put them up to staging that picture!!! NOBODY IS THAT ANGRY... Cracks me up everytime I see it!!
I love those Arab knuckleheads!!!!!
Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Glad it worked out

Matt,

I am in the same situation only my dealer has tons of Premium 07's and every color of Navi 07 except the Red that I want. Tried their best to get me to take the 06 Red they have, and after a couple of thoughtful moments I remembered this is an expensive toy, and if I don't get what I want, I will never be happy. Stuck to my guns, and now they seem to be in no hurry to get me an 07 Red Navi. I even told them I would consider an 07 Anti lock brake model if they came across the a dealer they could exchange with. Oh well, I am in no hurry, but I would like to have it for Bikefest....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.