GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order Baker wings for my bike. On my white bike, which would look better? Clear, light smoke, or dark smoke?

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I have the dark smoke and looks Great on my "White One", it's the "Faster One" you know! You will Love them, no matter what color you choose.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Clear. IMHO. The chrome will continue to glisten through them? And, they'll provide no interruption to visibility through them?
A FULL set can be adjusted to not buffet the passenger, and yield/prevent cooling airflow to either person, as desired.

·
Registered
638 Posts
That's a tough question because it's a matter of personal taste. I would consider the clear or the dark smoke. Here's the difference: the clear tends to make the wings disappear. They don't affect the overall appearance of the bike because when you look at the bike you see through them. The dark smoke makes them noticable because you see them.
I have a yellow bike. I considered the yellow wings but they were much too strong a color and I felt they clashed with the color of the bike. So I went with the dark smoke. If I were buying them again I think I'd go with clear.
I've seen the clear wings on a white bike and they look good. so they would be my choice.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I can't tell you witch looks better . I put dark on mine I don't think they look good or bad . No one that has seen my bike has said anything one way or the other about them . I like the black on white with just a little chrome here and there . I have a white 06. I got the dark black In the hope they would Not stand out but be neutral, worked for me I think. :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Clear

You'll have to decide what looks best to you, but we went with clear on our white '06, for most of the reasons given above.

Cloud9

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Re: Wings...............

MG_Wings said:
I went dark..........................

Nice looking Wing and Escapade trailer

I went dark smoke too! Just depends on one's personal choice.

Seen it all, done it all. Just can't remember it all!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies everyone. I went dark. Not the darkside. Just dark. LOL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts