GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 that I bought used last Oct. I would like to add heated grips. I'd be interested in others experiences and opinions about different manufacturers heated grips.
Who is happy with what they added as well as who is not and why.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I have a 2003 that I bought used last Oct. I would like to add heated grips. I'd be interested in others experiences and opinions about different manufacturers heated grips.

Thanks in advance!!
My 04 had Honaline Heated grips on it when I bought it.I took them off for a couple years when I ran the ISO grips.

I tired of the ISO grips and put the Heated grips back on with grip puppies.

Now to your question.My grips only lasted about 18 months before the left grip wouldn't heat.Ex-warranty replaced them.72K miles.
Honda is replacing them again because the left grip failed again.
Keep in mind these are only sold as a complete kit.

Yes they are the most expensive to buy too.
When they worked they were great.

Now when these new grips fail down the road,I'll be buying this set up from Electrical Connection that not only is cheaper,but guys say they put out more heat too. http://www.electricalconnection.com/electrical-components/02210.htm

·
Registered
199 Posts
Heated Grip

I Mudbone

I intall this model there're 4 or 5 position adjustment, and the heat is good, and the price is affordable

FlyBoy2121:thumbup:

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
EC work great under stock grips and grip puppies.

·
Registered
775 Posts
On two previous bikes I used the brand sold by Areostitch (cant recall the brand) On both bikes, they only lasted through 1 winter..............

I put the electrical connection version on my 08' three years ago (when the bike was new) It has 86,000 miles on it and I love them. I use them under the ISO grips. I love them and if they quit today (OK, maybe not today since the heat index is 121*) I would replace them with the electrical connection\ model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the inputs! It looks like the EC grips are the favorite.

I'll Be ordering a set soon!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
My 04 had Honaline Heated grips on it when I bought it.I took them off for a couple years when I ran the ISO grips.

I tired of the ISO grips and put the Heated grips back on with grip puppies.

Now to your question.My grips only lasted about 18 months before the left grip wouldn't heat.Ex-warranty replaced them.72K miles.
Honda is replacing them again because the left grip failed again.
Keep in mind these are only sold as a complete kit.

Yes they are the most expensive to buy too.
When they worked they were great.
Darn Rocky, it seems like you have experienced almost everything that can go wrong with the GL1800 :p

It is so wrong of Honda not selling replacement parts for the Honda heated grips.
I have the Honda grips on my bike and I guess I've been lucky with no problems in 8 years with mine.....they were expensive, but they do work very well, getting too hot at the high range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts